Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The A/C in our old house was a chiller system back 100 years ago.In fact most of the old pluming for it is still downstairs! There are cisterns on the north side of the house. Pull cold water off the last one and pump it back to the first one. We get a lot of humidity so the newer "refrigerant" A/C system makes more sense. Upper 70's is comfortable when it's 50% humidity or less.
Those ole swamp coolers used to make me gas money :lol: Springtime comes around, get out the ladder, change pads, clean out some of the alkalai, check out the water pump, good to go :lol:

My daughter empty's the hot water heater with each shower. :BangHead: :BangHead: and then leaves the fan on to get rid of all the humidity in the room. No, I'm not going there.
Been a lot of years but I very been there. Not to mentioned those old days with just dial up phone service only.

Been a lot of years but I very been there. Not to mentioned those old days with just dial up phone service only.
Cell phone service is something else we can talk about. Mine is $250/mo. for 3 phones.

Well went out and checked the veggies things be a growin.

20230816_093625.jpg

20230816_093604.jpg

20230816_093552.jpg

20230816_093754.jpg

20230816_093701.jpg

20230816_093646.jpg

I am in a small valley. Top of the chimney on the second floor and then a 15' pole.
We're on high ground here. Real high ground. If it weren't for the trees, we'd probably get all kinda channels besides what we do.

We have the house and the shop. Normal old house with forced air furnace. Natural gas.
Shop is hydronics. Hot water tank. Natural gas.
Need to keep shop warm as we run Aquaponics.
So between lights and heat we hit $850/month last winter for a few months. Down under $400 during the summer. Under $300 a couple times.

We have the house and the shop. Normal old house with forced air furnace. Natural gas.
Shop is hydronics. Hot water tank. Natural gas.
Need to keep shop warm as we run Aquaponics.
So between lights and heat we hit $850/month last winter for a few months. Down under $400 during the summer. Under $300 a couple times.
And thats Canadian funds !!!:BangHead:

Morning all, picking up a side of beef this morning then off to the back 40 with the brush hog.

I have one in the attached garage and three in the detached garage and they work great!!
Split units are almost all you see overseas. Seen em in Europe, Africa, South America, and of course Asia and Viet Nam. I guess the advantage is that you can cool the rooms you want individually. We have 5 split units in our house in VN for example. In all the bedrooms, but none in the Kitchen/Eating area. We do get a nice breeze and airflow there though if I keep the doors and windows open...

Just popped in to say hey before I'm gone again. Weather broke finally. Too nice to stay indoors.
Have a great humpday

I just add up for the year what my water, sewer, garbage, elec. and propane combined bill is and I keep the garage heated all winter at 65*
Turns out to be along with property tax $5,500.

Nephew just called. Can I borrow your car, just until I get a new one. Sure but how are you.?

Nothing going on around here today I need to go work on that old rusty Ford truck but yea procrastination day. Right?

-
Back