Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sitting here maintaining the perfect temperature. Buddy needed a nap, so he went home. Kimmie needed a nap so she left too. So im sitting here bored. So making a playlist, as not to be playing less popular music…

Sitting here maintaining the perfect temperature. Buddy needed a nap, so he went home. Kimmie needed a nap so she left too. So im sitting here bored. So making a playlist, as not to be playing less popular music…
I do the same when cooking on the BBQ stay right there and keep a good eye on temp.

Mike, what temp you runnin? can't see it in the pic.. i used to do 225 for most things but for anything cept ribs i do 400 now... found no difference and took my pork butts from 14 hours to like 6...

Mike, what temp you runnin? can't see it in the pic.. i used to do 225 for most things but for anything cept ribs i do 400 now... found no difference and took my pork butts from 14 hours to like 6...
My smoke setting is around 160°. Depending on what I am doing, I smoke until it stalls, wrap it and turn it up to 225°.

My smoke setting is around 160°. Depending on what I am doing, I smoke until it stalls, wrap it and turn it up to 225°.
It takes longer but that's what bourbon is for. :rofl:

brisket6.jpg

Took me an hour and a half and three beers to back. Read 20 pages. But I got it now. Lots going on here ... :thumbsup:

I'm not real sure what the experts call that air mass that blew in just before sunset yesterday, but it was 64° then and it's 64° now and it has not changed but 1 or 2° in that time frame :realcrazy: and it's wet :realcrazy:

Had a great 3-day getaway to historic Williamsburg, Virginia, and Busch Garden's in Virginia. No, I didn't drink any Bud Lite. I did drink a few Yuenglings though.
1000002216.jpg

1000002291.jpg

1000002293.jpg

1000002232.jpg

1000002302.jpg

1000002214.jpg

1000002336.jpg

1000002339.jpg

1000002341.jpg

So, while I was downstairs catching up on this thread and drinking a few beers. She was upstairs cooking dinner. Yes, today I had to stop at the grocery store to buy food. Mostly Asian stuff. But it's okay. I think she did good.
1000002364.jpg

1000002365.jpg

That looks delicious. You have enough for a party! It looks like you had a great time on your trip.
Well, believe it or not she eats more food than most people I know. I don't know how? I probably only ate about a third of that. Lol

So, while I was downstairs catching up on this thread and drinking a few beers. She was upstairs cooking dinner. Yes, today I had to stop at the grocery store to buy food. Mostly Asian stuff. But it's okay. I think she did good.
View attachment 1716136480

View attachment 1716136481
I would say better than good, food looks outstanding! Great pictures from your trip, looks like you had a great time. Good to get away and recharge the batteries after the projects you were working on.

So as I was cooking tonight using the last pick of jalapeños, they were smoking, like haz mat hot! Our road runner crashed the party. Not sure where he lives but he has been hanging around. I took my belt off the other day as I was soaked thru and thru. Tossed it on a church pew we have on front porch and he came to see the “black snake” thought he had dinner but alas it was just my belt. Made me reminisce about another Road Runner we captured out in a nameless piece of desert in a far away place, long long ago, Once upon a time. Long story short after he perished we tied his wings behind his back, blindfolded him, and then somebody stuck a cigarette in his beak. We dangled him over our water buffalo, trussed up Shall we say. For those that do not know, a water buffalo is basically a canvas sack with a couple of water spouts in the bottom for drinking out of, you tilt your head up, push button and get some great warm canvas water! In this case with each passing day the Road runner got bigger and bigger and bigger in the desert sun. We may, or may not have, had a board to bet on who he busted on while drinking. To say the odor was over powering is an understatement. But a Marine has got to drink water and stay hydrated right? It was getting super dicey and we were all spreading our hydration events farther and farther apart. Then one shiny hot summers day our OIC (Officer in Charge) decided to leave his AC hootch wherever that was, and glad hand with his minions. Lo and behold he got thirsty, he commented upon the stench of our AO as he looked up showing solidarity drinking (likely first time ever) from water buffalo. Then he laid eyes on what can only be described as one very swollen, super funky smelling blindfolded Road Runner above his head, He blew a gasket! The results and aftermath were not in our favor! Here is our resident Road Runner, in Jodis window!

IMG_4097.jpeg

-
Back