Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I also refuse to go to walmart ,won't do soeones job ( checkout) !
I actually prefer self checkout, i do it soo much faster than the cashiers.. plus less talking to humans is a good thing :) but i get that

P.S. BTW.. walmart has like 20 cashiers at my local one... does yours not have them anymore? I have never been to any store that is self checkout only..

Outstanding news! Just got a call from Jamie Passon, trans and everything clutch related will be ready to pick up at his shop in about two weeks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :steering:

I actually prefer self checkout, i do it soo much faster than the cashiers.. plus less talking to humans is a good thing :) but i get that

P.S. BTW.. walmart has like 20 cashiers at my local one... does yours not have them anymore? I have never been to any store that is self checkout only..
wally here. i go on Saturdays 6 am most times . all except one are self service. no way am I doing self checkout.

If other lanes are really backed up or if I only have a couple things I will do self checkout. Otherwise I try to use lanes with cashiers as much as possible. I rarely go to Wally World lately. When they were open late I used to stop frequently after work cause everyone else except convenience stores were closed. Now the latter is all I got…

If other lanes are really backed up or if I only have a couple things I will do self checkout. Otherwise I try to use lanes with cashiers as much as possible. I rarely go to Wally World lately. When they were open late I used to stop frequently after work cause everyone else except convenience stores were closed. Now the latter is all I got…
They only ever have one lane open with a cashier.
at least a dozen selfcheck always open

I just order everything online. Then they have to pay someone to go get it off the shelf, if they don’t have it in stock, they upgrade it to next larger size at no charge, and I get extra cash back points on the credit card. Only thing I won’t do this for is fresh veggies or bakery items

they switched to mostly self check here when they did the remodel.
the ones that have a chashier, they copacted the area and shortened the belt by half.

Mine has maybe 15 self checkouts and usually 1-3 cashiers running normal ones. That’s it

The stores around me are mostly self checkout. There are only a few cashiers. I’m ok with that though because I don’t really like dealing with people.

IMG_9260.jpeg

The stores around me are mostly self checkout. There are only a few cashiers. I’m ok with that though because I don’t really like dealing with people.
I don’t either. But what I don’t like is doing. The shelf check outs only to be searched and have to take items out of bags for them to count. If I have to go through all that, then I’m just going to use a cashier or online.

It’s not surprise that stores are going to self checkouts. Labor is the number one cost of any business and if they can reduce the labor pool, higher profit margins. Gonna be interesting 5-10 years as I think nearly every job in retail and fast food will likely be robotic within 5 years, ten tops.

Thing i forgot to check in.
Morning!
Cool one this morning,think we are done with the heat.
Lots of rain yesterday.
Guy came to look at barracuda, sounds like hes taking it. Almost to toronto. Trying to find a trailer.
So that takes a load off.

Then the bad news.
My sister in-law passed away yesterday. Fn cancer. Was a long very difficult battle. She went peacefully. My Brother is devastated, yet relieved the suffering is over.

Morning!
Lots of rain yesterday.
Guy came to look at barracuda, sounds like hes taking it. Almost to toronto. Trying to find a trailer.

Then the bad news.
My sister in-law passed away yesterday. Fn cancer. Was a long very difficult battle. She went peacefully. My Brother is devastated, yet relieved the suffering is over.
Sorry for your loss. Damn cancer.

I am from Benton County Arkansas the home of Walmart. Most of my family has worked for them in one capacity or another, and I have watched them destroy far too many mom and pop stores. I despise them.
Very Similar to the private owned Auto Parts Stores in the late 90's......Jus Sayin...... :thumbsup:

Morning!
Lots of rain yesterday.

Then the bad news.

Condolences Frank... but I get it.

Back from one of my least favorite things to do...shopping for slacks and shirts. We have a function to go to Friday night...free bar ok I'm in. I went in last week to see what fits since the weight loss and found nothing. Shirts, slacks, sport coats, suits nothing all too big. One sport coat I got in 1982 fit like a glove. I have no idea why I kept it all these years, but it was in great shape. I boxed all the rest up and gave it away.

So today with Cheryl the plan was one pair of slacks and I'd wear a polo shirt. Got to the store found the slacks right away and I'm done. She and the clerk went to work, and I walked out with three pair of slacks, a dress shirt, and three other button-down shirts. Oh, they were on sale she says, and you had nothing. Fine I don't have to shop for a long time rant over I'm going to hit some golf balls.

-
Back