Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Jesus christ...... i was thinking 200ish... yeah **** that
Solids even worse.

What’s weird is their cam and lifter kit… is cheaper than the lifters by themselves. Wonder if that’s on purpose to help keep their inventory up

IMG_1853.png

Not sure what block you are using, but one of the reasons i got a LA roller block was to use OEM lifters (good to .525 i'm told).. made to last 100k+ miles and $100 a set used.. $300 for flat tappet lifters .. jesus.. but that's isky and racing :)

I think I’ll give Ken a call over at Oregon Cam Grinders this afternoon and go from there.

Not sure what block you are using, but one of the reasons i got a LA roller block was to use OEM lifters (good to .525 i'm told).. made to last 100k+ miles and $100 a set used.. $300 for flat tappet lifters .. jesus.. but that's isky and racing :)

Holy hell. Check out Rhoads…

IMG_1854.png

Thinking I’ll be better off to sell the Como kit and turn around and order a roller. The roller kits are cheaper than lifters by themselves.

350hp 360
well that should move out a bit better :)
Holy hell. Check out Rhoads…

View attachment 1716138559
haha yeah.. ever part gives me sticker shock.. i have to hype myself into buying **** at this point :) Talk to oregon and see what they say.. and use good lube for first start up..

Oh.. one thing i saw on a good youtube vid was a guy, before he puts the intake on he would do the pushrods/lash and mark the top of each lifter and even turning the motor over by hand you should be able to see the lifters turn in their bores

Thinking I’ll be better off to sell the Como kit and turn around and order a roller. The roller kits are cheaper than lifters by themselves.
Roller leads to another rabbit hole... like custom pushrods also.. setting up a cam button on the front (not bad on a mopar).. just always something more than you expect

As if I wasn’t already worried about my Comp Cam…
guy had one fail with very little time on it. And nobody seems to want to stand behind their product. I think speedway made a gesture, but doesent help with a total rebuild. Comp scams he named them.

Roller leads to another rabbit hole... like custom pushrods also.. setting up a cam button on the front (not bad on a mopar).. just always something more than you expect
I already have to get custom pushrods. Decked the block and aftermarket heads with adjustable rockers

guy had one fail with very little time on it. And nobody seems to want to stand behind their product. I think speedway made a gesture, but doesent help with a total rebuild. Comp scams he named them.
None of the machine shops between Indy and Bowling Green will even install a flat tappet now. And if they do, they make you sign a waiver.

I already have to get custom pushrods. Decked the block and aftermarket heads with adjustable rockers
I would use what you have, don't overthink like i do... mark your pushrods so you can see them spin on first startup like joe does in that video i posted last night.. as long as they are spinning, everything is fine

Here’s probably a stupid *** question, could you put roller rockers on a flat tappet?

I would use what you have, don't overthink like i do... mark your pushrods so you can see them spin on first startup like joe does in that video i posted last night.. as long as they are spinning, everything is fine
Guess worst case I’m rebuilding the thing again right?

Guess worst case I’m rebuilding the thing again right?
Naw.. mark the pushrods and watch them like this in the video.. if they are all moving you are fine, if not.. find the issue quicker than later and worst case would be pulling it apart to clean any metal out and put back together... new cam and gasket kit..

Here’s probably a stupid *** question, could you put roller rockers on a flat tappet?
Roller Rockers? Yes. Roller Lifters? No. As mentioned the profile is wrong. Roller lifters shouldn't turn/rotate like a flat tappet needs to

Good Morning All! Well, I never made it to the stage to push the button last night and 50 plus went before me, dang! I missed my shark tooth grill delivery and signature only and having trouble changing delivery date as we are heading out of town this afternoon. Paypal has charged me 4 times and the UPS site just says "we are having technical difficulties". Fun!

Morning!
7:00 and i have a very busy day.
Bye Bye Barracuda.
Have to pack all the parts. I will do my best to organize them.

-
Back