Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I spoke with Oregon Cam Grinders. Definitely going with their hydraulic roller cam and lifter kit. Better priced than any box stores and custom ground for my setup. Should be a runner now
Awesome.. how much? and what specs on the cam? .620/.620 on 570/570@50 on a 103? :)

Pretty Sure that Truck will have the V6...No room for Straight Six... Jus Sayin......
2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer/Engine
4.2 L 6-cylinder

1694107699669.jpeg

A standard 275-hp, 4.2-liter inline-six-cylinder engine teams with a four-speed-automatic transmission. A 290-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 is available in the EXT only. TrailBlazers are available with either two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, and the latter includes a two-speed transfer case.

4.2 L 6-cylinder

View attachment 1716138665

A standard 275-hp, 4.2-liter inline-six-cylinder engine teams with a four-speed-automatic transmission. A 290-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 is available in the EXT only. TrailBlazers are available with either two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, and the latter includes a two-speed transfer case.
Oh...Yeah the Trailblazer is a bigger truck than the S10 platform Blazer.... :thumbsup:

That's gonna be very nice :)
He said it’s gonna be a pretty hot street cam but with the t56 and the 4.10s, she should handle it just fine.

Bout 900 and change . For the cam and lifters

He said it’s gonna be a pretty hot street cam but with the t56 and the 4.10s, she should handle it just fine.

Bout 900 and change . For the cam and lifters
ooof... not bad but still hurts, but piece of mind and that thing with a stick is gonna be a bit of fun... :)

4.2 L 6-cylinder

View attachment 1716138665

I have the I 5 in my Colorado. It runs pretty sweet. Great mileage.

The downside is everything else will need to be swapped out. Timing set, dizzy gear, valve springs. So I’m gonna sell it all as a package

ooof... not bad but still hurts, but piece of mind and that thing with a stick is gonna be a bit of fun... :)
Well the way I’m looking at it is this. Roller cam is 1000. I’m gonna try to off set that some by selling the comp kit. But if i keep it and buy better lifters, that’s gonna cost me 400. Then if it goes flat, I’m looking at anywhere from 500-3000 in rebuild should it not be caught in time. I talked to two different engine builders this morning, one dude has been building nothing but Mopar engines for 32 years, he’s had 14 flat tappet failures right out of the box in the last year. Said he had one kit come in with the lifters already flat.

-
Back