Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am done for the day. I got a bunch of 15 inch drain pipe buried. Waiting on a couple loads of gravel to be delivered then I will spread that. Heading down to Little Rock tomorrow to train a Church Security Team with a bunch of force on force exercises. I never get to be the good guy so I get shot up and beat up pretty good role playing as the bad guy. I come home after each session with welts and bruises all over my body.

I stand corrected. Duration is 242/248@ 0.050, 110 LSA, .537/.560 lift with 1.5 rockers. Advertised is 300/306

Vs

The comp flat tappet:

241/247 @.050 110 LSA, .545/.545 with 1.5 ration advertised duration is 285/287
ok.. that actually sounds better.. the first specs you posted woulda put the powerband pretty high :)

Well the way I’m looking at it is this. Roller cam is 1000. I’m gonna try to off set that some by selling the comp kit. But if i keep it and buy better lifters, that’s gonna cost me 400. Then if it goes flat, I’m looking at anywhere from 500-3000 in rebuild should it not be caught in time. I talked to two different engine builders this morning, one dude has been building nothing but Mopar engines for 32 years, he’s had 14 flat tappet failures right out of the box in the last year. Said he had one kit come in with the lifters already flat.
yup, that's why i went roller :) It's the 1k that sucks :) but you are a hemi guy.. you spend that on lunch most days.... so it's nothing :)

getting the garage ready for the Valiant winter rebuild. trying to decide which vise to keep. the smaller craftsman swivel pipe and flat vise with anvil. or the 100 lb one.

20230907_161111.jpg

20230907_161050.jpg

20230907_161513.jpg

20230907_161340.jpg

Just finished fabricating a couple of brackets for the rear brake caliper on my motorcycle. About 5 beers deep. Maybe I'll go take a nap before I pick wifey up..
1000002386.jpg

1000002388.jpg

1000002387.jpg

1000002389.jpg

i have a large Anvil, and two jewelers anvils. they do come in handy at times. appreciate the input.
If you have a big anvil already then keep whichever vice is bigger... my vice is a bit bigger than both of those and that extra length comes in handy.. used it to press in my LCA bushings recently.. that was TIGHT.. was afraid i was gonna break the vice :(

How is she liking her new Job Mitch?
She is on it on it. She is hooked on the American capitalistic system. She loves to make money. Because it is much more money than anybody could make and Vietnam doing the same thing. The only thing that upsets me, is that she wants to work 6 days a week. I told her she don't need to work. We can have two days together to go out and about.

If you have a big anvil already then keep whichever vice is bigger... my vice is a bit bigger than both of those and that extra length comes in handy.. used it to press in my LCA bushings recently.. that was TIGHT.. was afraid i was gonna break the vice :(
i still have access to a complete iron fab shop. 40 ton iron worker. pipe bender with all the dies. plazma cutter etc. just trying to set up my little 4 car garage to tear down the Valiant and do a simple resto over the winter. if there is such a thing.

i still have access to a complete iron fab shop. 40 ton iron worker. pipe bender with all the dies. plazma cutter etc. just trying to set up my little 4 car garage to tear down the Valiant and do a simple resto over the winter. if there is such a thing.
A simple resto over the Winter? O that is funny! Every single one of us on here knows how that will turn out! Just open your wallet now, smash your hand with a hammer, fill the beer fridge, put on some tunes. You are officially in the Winter Vortex!

Perfect. :rofl: :rofl: I wish I had a shop.
all im doing is replacing all the metal from the doors forward. new dash frame, wire harness, rebuilt column.
new under hood harness. new windshield. new front floor pans. drive to karls sometime before end of OCT. Pick up my 318 roller cam motor he has been building when his health allows. i have all the parts. i figure maybe a months worth of work if my health hold up. easy peezee.

-
Back