Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning happy people! Leaving for camping at 2 today... not looking forward to it.. but it might be fun :)

Morning short night but I have my coffee and you guys for a jump start.

Power was out for 4 hours yesterday. It is so nice to have the generator. It runs almost everything in the house. Lucky it was not 95 degrees like the last few days. HVAC is not on the generator, too much load

Campground?
Kinda.. state or national park at the very top of the UP in mich... staying in tents.. and hiking :( I don't like walking.. and i like a comfy bed... i'm only going to pick up a 1 year only 727 for some parts i need :) 5 hour drive each way.. A friend said she wanted to go camping but had no one to go with, so i said i would go as long as it was near the trans

Hurricane Lee may be trying to be the most powerful storm in recorded history. Will it defy models and hit land? That’s is the question

How old mine is 1802. Had everything you can think of in here, lead, mostly drains, pvc, 1/2' copper main runs etc, still needs a lot of work.

How old mine is 1802. Had everything you can think of in here, lead, mostly drains, pvc, 1/2' copper main runs etc, still needs a lot of work.
I classify myself as a "survival plumber" I'd rather stick to the wood and drywall stuff but I'll do electrical (but not HVAC.)

I hate plumbing. Always forget a fitting or the worst possible place the solder joint sweats!

I hate plumbing. Always forget a fitting or the worst possible place the solder joint sweats!

Yeah... he's still in demolition mode.

Finding all sorts of special things

IMG_8212(1).jpg

That froze, man that can suck whatever else you find Make sure he pressurizes before sealing any thing up. Small cracks Matter!. I tell you what I am really starting to like Pex tubing instead of copper.

Morning!
12°c is not bad, normal i guess.
Go to let dog out and its pouring. And nothing in the forecast for rain. So i will wait a bit.
Fargo gets a new set of plugs, and an oil change today. Tomorrow is a car show i attend every year. A fundraiser for someone in their community.
I usually donate something for the silent auction, but it didnt work out this year. I will donate cash instead.

On that note, my little event last weekend amounted to 87 lbs of goods for the local food bank.

That froze, man that can suck whatever else you find Make sure he pressurizes before sealing any thing up. Small cracks Matter!. I tell you what I am really starting to like Pex tubing instead of copper.

Yes... he started out by replacing the meter and is working through a trace of the lines to assess. PEX is the plan at this point depending on how much of the copper is still in good shape. It'll take a bit of time to get through

Yes... he started out by replacing the meter and is working through a trace of the lines to assess. PEX is the plan at this point depending on how much of the copper is still in good shape. It'll take a bit of time to get through
It does. Whish Trex was more dependable when I first bought this place. At that time the I think hot water ones had issues bursting so I passed.

Lots of dead ends.... mix of copper, iron, pvc and PEX in the walls. House needs the love.
I think it could be cleaned up some but I like the concept. Right now I have no zone control. It’s shut the entire house off if I need to do any plumbing work

Morning!
12°c is not bad, normal i guess.
Go to let dog out and its pouring. And nothing in the forecast for rain. So i will wait a bit.
Fargo gets a new set of plugs, and an oil change today. Tomorrow is a car show i attend every year. A fundraiser for someone in their community.
I usually donate something for the silent auction, but it didnt work out this year. I will donate cash instead.

On that note, my little event last weekend amounted to 87 lbs of goods for the local food bank.
87 lbs is impressive. That’s an accomplishment to a good cause. Congratulations!

Copper still my favorite. But those sharkbites are really nice in an emergency or in some corner where flame is just awkward. Still don't trust 'em 100%, but 99.5% is enough to keep bme from worrying. :) No worse than leaving the washing machine hoses pressurized....

I think it could be cleaned up some but I like the concept. Right now I have no zone control. It’s shut the entire house off if I need to do any plumbing work
Well the next time you do that, take advantage of the opportunity to put some shutoffs in...
Plumbing supply is probably cheaper than HD for ball valves and copper - just not open 24/7 so buy ahead..

-
Back