Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well the next time you do that, take advantage of the opportunity to put some shutoffs in...
Plumbing supply is probably cheaper than HD for ball valves and copper - just not open 24/7 so buy ahead..
Yeah probably a good idea. It’s a rental house but I’m responsible for the repairs. Just haven’t wanted to expend the money or time to do it.

Now when we build, every room will have its own shut off for both hot and cold, plus the ability to shut off by floor too

Asian breakfast this morning. Noodles, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, cabbage and beef.
1000002394.jpg

Yeah probably a good idea. It’s a rental house but I’m responsible for the repairs. Just haven’t wanted to expend the money or time to do it.

Now when we build, every room will have its own shut off for both hot and cold, plus the ability to shut off by floor too
I forgot that. Always thinking you own the place when you've posted that you rent a bunch of times.
Gotta split the difference then between convenience and investment.

With water supply, I think it depends on how the house is setup. Usually the plumbing is stacked to make hte best use of chases. So one shutoff with drain/vent on the outlet for each one is good if there are toilets and sink on each stack.

I forgot that. Always thinking you own the place when you've posted that you rent a bunch of times.
Gotta split the difference then between convenience and investment.

With water supply, I think it depends on how the house is setup. Usually the plumbing is stacked to make hte best use of chases. So one shutoff with drain/vent on the outlet for each one is good if there are toilets and sink on each stack.
No this one is a nightmare. Honestly, I don’t think it was ever built to any code if they even existed back them. It all comes through the foundation, under the floor, then up behind the water heater and then has a bunch of T joints where it goes up into the attic and to the bathroom and kitchen.

We got woke up by a serious lightning and hail storm. I just finished a bunch of drain line burial yesterday and was going to do the water diversion slopes today. Of course we get a storm in between, arghh. The pix is not good but you get the idea, lots of hail. Now I got a muddy mess so can’t do anything for a few days.

IMG_4118.jpeg

In High School I drove a '71 Vega (350/350 combination) that had sidepipes, as I never got around to routing the exhaust out the back before I twisted the body so bad I couldn't close the doors.
Those Vega swaps were tuff to race against. We had a local guy that ran one. He was hard to beat.

We got woke up by a serious lightning and hail storm. I just finished a bunch of drain line burial yesterday and was going to do the water diversion slopes today. Of course we get a storm in between, arghh. The pix is not good but you get the idea, lots of hail. Now I got a muddy mess so can’t do anything for a few days.

View attachment 1716138952
Wow, can't like that post cousin

In High School I drove a '71 Vega (350/350 combination) that had sidepipes, as I never got around to routing the exhaust out the back before I twisted the body so bad I couldn't close the doors on it.
i LOVE vegas.. the stock 4cyls were sooo ****, they ran fine but would smoke sooo much when they got a few miles on them.. my buddies had vegas and we used to lift the motors out with a chain and 3" pipe with a guy on each end.. i miss being young :)

Guy I knew did a V8 Vega. Used his head to some extent doing it. Got the narrowest 10 bolt possible to put under it. His choice of tire required him to alter the ride height some :lol: However, he took it over the hill into San Bernardino, the closest civilized world to our desert homeland to go parts shopping. A Chippie pulled him over on the freeway, his first words were "What is this piece of %$it?" :lol: My friend sat there and watched the officer write the citation in the rear view mirror. The officer had his foot resting on the 4" of L60-15 sticking out of the fenderwell :rofl:.

i LOVE vegas.. the stock 4cyls were sooo ****, they ran fine but would smoke sooo much when they got a few miles on them.. my buddies had vegas and we used to lift the motors out with a chain and 3" pipe with a guy on each end.. i miss being young :)
Not unless you was lucky enough to drive a cosworth vega, those little power packed engines was tuff and fast for a 4 banger, I drove one up in Paw Paw Illinois one time, wish I owned it

I was looking at vegas when i got my '62..... i still love those cars but those 70s interiors are just sooooo bad.... same with mavericks.. i LOVE mavericks then you look inside and just.. nooooo

-
Back