Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Those Vega swaps were tuff to race against. We had a local guy that ran one. He was hard to beat.
My brother had a 72 corolla with a 302. Exh manifolds flipped and pointing forward. Then pipes ran down beside rad and out under car. Stock with a 2bbl, it was a rocket. It twisted too…

Guy I knew did a V8 Vega. Used his head to some extent doing it. Got the narrowest 10 possible to put under it. His choice of tire required him to alter the ride height some :lol: However, he took it over the hill into San Bernardino, the closest civilized world to our desert homeland to go parts shopping. A Chippie pulled him over on the freeway, his first words were "What is this piece of %$it?" :lol: My friend sat there and watched the officer write the citation in the rear view mirror. The officer had his foot resting on the 4" of L60-15 sticking out of the fenderwell :rofl:.
Yep, those motorcycle cops never gave anyone a break my aunt and uncle said, Bell gardens area in the 70es

I bet he did, my second cousin was a chips cop in Norwalk area outside of L.A. back in the day
Wow.... the chips theme went off in my head instantly when i read that... i haven't seen that show in 40 years...

Tell you the truth it has to be hard for a person to become a LEO today without the support they used to have. Here in PA they just dropped the colledge degree for troopers and got 250 or so qualified applicants total, Need 700 I believe.

BTW! It's Fibonacci Friday!!
1694179549232.jpeg

Oh by the way the thong back for the seat went to Mats new shop on a stool for his workbench/bar!

Just got done working out.............another cup of coffee and an egg, cheese, and turkey sausage burrito for breakfast. Supposed to be more rain today, but that's okay we need it.

A Chippie pulled him over on the freeway, his first words were "What is this piece of %$it?"

Back in the day we had a local cop who was, in reality, a dirty old man (Office Woullet), and it was generally understood that unless something REALLY SERIOUS was going on, he only pulled-over pretty women just so he could talk to them. Anywhooo....One day he pulled me over in my Vega, and since I wasn't a pretty female, I figured I was in BIG trouble. He just told me to get out out of the car. No, "Hello." No, "License and registration, please." Just, "Get out of the car, kid!".

Then he proceeded to walk around the vehicle to give me a "safety inspection" (horns, lights, wipers, etc), as I think he thought he could give me a ticket for something. When I passed all of that, he asked me to pull the hood. I did so, and he took one look inside, pointed at the engine, and asked, "Who did that?"

"I did." (Anyone remember the solid-mount V8 Vega kits Hooker Headers used to sell?)

""You did?"

"Yes, sir".

After a few more questions ("What engine is that? Where did you get it? You got a receipt for it?" etc), he asked me to start it up, rev it up a bit (loundess check, maybe?), and...well...long story short- he couldn't find anything illegal with the car, and I hadn't done anything wrong (that he had witnessed, at least!), so he had to let me go.

But he did so in typical Office Woullet fashion, saying, "Nice car kid. Don't ever let me catch you doing anything funny with it."

And that was it.

(And he never did catch me doing any "funny stuff", either!)

Last edited:
We had a local cop who was, in reality, a dirty old man (Office Woullet), and it was generally understood that unless something REALLY SERIOUS was going on, he only pulled-over pretty women just so he could talk to them. Anywhooo....One day he pulled me over, and since I wasn't a pretty female, I figured I was in BIG trouble. He just told me to get out out of the car. No, "Hello." No, "License and registration, please." Just, "Get out of the car, kid!".

Then he proceeded to walk around the vehicle to give me a "safety inspection" (horns, lights, wipers, etc), as I think he thought he could give me a ticket for something. When I passed all of that, he asked me to pull the hood. I did so, and he took one look inside, pointed at the engine, and asked, "Who did that?"

"I did." (Anyone remember the solid-mount V8 Vega kits Hooker Headers used to sell?)

""You did?"

"Yes, sir".

After a few more questions ("What engine is that? Where did you get it? You got a receipt for it?" etc), he asked me to start it up, rev it up a bit (loundess check, maybe?), and...well...long story short- he couldn't find anything illegal with the car, and I hadn't done anything wrong (that he had witnessed, at least!), so he had to let me go.

But he did so in typical Office Woullet fashion, saying, "Nice car kid. Don't ever let me catch you doing anything funny with it."

And that was it.

(And he never did catch me doing any "funny stuff", either!)

Cool story

Wow. I stumbled across these guys and their You Tube channel. I had never heard of them before. At the end of the video they had page after page of Patreon's who donate to the channel. I looked up to see how much they make. $12,170/month. That's $146,040 a year. Damn!

Kinda.. state or national park at the very top of the UP in mich... staying in tents.. and hiking :( I don't like walking.. and i like a comfy bed... i'm only going to pick up a 1 year only 727 for some parts i need :) 5 hour drive each way.. A friend said she wanted to go camping but had no one to go with, so i said i would go as long as it was near the trans

My boy is at school in Houghton at Michigan Technological University

Wow. I stumbled across these guys and their You Tube channel. I had never heard of them before. At the end of the video they had page after page of Patreon's who donate to the channel. I looked up to see how much they make. $12,170/month. That's $146,040 a year. Damn!

Yup.. if i had any personality i would be doing that ****... you should see the money people are getting to listening to music or watching movies for the first time "Reaction Videos" MASSIVE money on that ****.. no talent needed...

Yup.. if i had any personality i would be doing that ****... you should see the money people are getting to listening to music or watching movies for the first time "Reaction Videos" MASSIVE money on that ****.. no talent needed...
One thing cool about the whiskey tubers is they have a little more to offer than some tubers. Most do barrel picks and their patreon members get first chance at those bottles. It's a tiered system so the more you donate the more chance you have at getting some of those exclusive bottles. I was a member at My Bourbon Journey but just at a couple dollars a month. All the good barrel pick bottles were gone by the time my level was able to purchase. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

-
Back