Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It is a cool old truck....just afraid of it because it doesn't have a title
never even consider anything without a clean title.... i ended up scrapping a '64 fury convert cause the guy never found the title after i had the car... lesson sucked...

I always wondered what a PIA that Terrier I have would be to get a title on. 53 prototype was given to a board track racer in HI! Not even a state then.

never even consider anything without a clean title.... i ended up scrapping a '64 fury convert cause the guy never found the title after i had the car... lesson sucked...
I usually do but this one is a good old truck. The old boy that had it died and his family wants to sell it but says they can't get a title.

I usually do but this one is a good old truck. The old boy that had it died and his family wants to sell it but says they can't get a title.
whoever is the executor of his estate can write up papers that will help in getting a title in that situation then..

Heat and water. But wont work if you spray penetrating oil on it. Seems to boil out the rust.
All ears Frank.
Do you wet it and then apply some gently heat to get it steam?
Happens it blew off on a rainy day. Plenty wet and I had a portable soldering iron with open heater tip with me.
I didn't work on it until the part came in the nxt day.

All ears Frank.
Do you wet it and then apply some gently heat to get it steam?
Happens it blew off on a rainy day. Plenty wet and I had a portable soldering iron with open heater tip with me.
I didn't work on it until the part came in the nxt day.
I usually use a propane torch, get it hot and cool. At least 3 cycles. If you got the hose off ,even better. Put an awl in line to keep brake fluid from leaking out.

Note: if you are heating with hose still attatched, rubber will blow out of fitting,goes off like a gunshot. Wet rag may prevent it.

Morning guys man I got two great nights of sleep in a row aren't I the lucky one. Wish I knew what I was doing??
Off to KC this morning for BK with the MNL.
This afternoon a doctor's appointment for a surgery evaluation. This guy is the best in the Midwest and took me seven months to get in.
After that we head of to one of the most exclusive golf courses in the Midwest. Our good friend is the Director of Training and I'm taking a lesson.
After the lesson we're meeting him and his wife for dinner. Always a great time!!

Heat it with a propane torch hot not red. Take a cheap bday candle and touch the line/nut area, let it cool and it will break free. old Machinist trick. Google it. They sell a wax bar in most machining catalogues but these are the same.

I usually use a propane torch, get it hot and cool. At least 3 cycles. If you got the hose off ,even better. Put an awl in line to keep brake fluid from leaking out.

Note: if you are heating with hose still attatched, rubber will blow out of fitting,goes off like a gunshot. Wet rag may prevent it.
Thanks Frank.
Hose already blew off. Really still don't know why.
Whatever wanted to drain out had done so,
I think the front holdoff valve may have kept the resevoir from draining.

So yes I could have safely applied heat (other than the danger of lighting up the fluid that leaked.)

Morning!
Clear so far. Decent temp to start the day. Youtube friends coming to pick up an S10 donor truck.
They are after the transmission,aparrently good for behind a flathead ford v8.
Bringing a 50’s dodge box and fenders. More parts for my pile.

Betty's new Avitar

1695981272991.png

It is a cool old truck....just afraid of it because it doesn't have a title
I know in WI. I petitioned the State DMV until they wrote a new statue for me amd everyone now, to use a surety bond for getting titles. Works awesome. Have done it 3 times now.

Morning guys man I got two great nights of sleep in a row aren't I the lucky one. Wish I knew what I was doing??
Off to KC this morning for BK with the MNL.
This afternoon a doctor's appointment for a surgery evaluation. This guy is the best in the Midwest and took me seven months to get in.
After that we head of to one of the most exclusive golf courses in the Midwest. Our good friend is the Director of Training and I'm taking a lesson.
After the lesson we're meeting him and his wife for dinner. Always a great time!!
That's the way to go . Doc s who deal with people into sports.

-
Back