Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Beautiful day here today in early fall. Maryland. They say somewhere around 78° today and sunny all day.
Yep. Was actually just a little warmer than that here yesterday, and possibly again tomorrow. Then we only get 60 and rain starting Sunday. Getting nice color in a few trees around here. Some cool oranges and reds. But this guy usually goes to a nice yellow. This is the best it got yesterday. Today it is brown and dumping leaves. I'll just keep trying to disappear them with the mower and keep the rake put away. :thumbsup:

Good Morning

IMG_5755.jpeg

Yep. Was actually just a little warmer than that here yesterday, and possibly again tomorrow. Then we only get 60 and rain starting Sunday. Getting nice color in a few trees around here. Some cool oranges and reds. But this guy usually goes to a nice yellow. This is the best it got yesterday. Today it is brown and dumping leaves. I'll just keep trying to disappear them with the mower and keep the rake put away. :thumbsup:

Good Morning

View attachment 1716158774
If it would quit raining I would get busy. I rake very little.

20231027_092721.jpg

More espresso machine experimentation this morning. The new, burr grinder doesn't get a fine enough grind (grrr)... I was doing better with the blade grinder
I use this burr grinder every morning. 100 years old and working amazing still.

1698417242409.png

How can this be???

I don't have a facebook account...

1698417778742.png

1698417804649.png

And didn't they change their name??? Why isn't this spam email using the new name???

I have one each of these. Overkill for coffee unless you are grinding large quantities. The red one is a burr mill and is good for corn. It is adjustable so you can grind as fine as meal. The silver one is a roller mill, just 2 knurled rollers. It is good for cracking open small grains like wheat, rye, and barley. THe roller gap is adjustable as well.

hand-grist-mill.jpg

grain mill2.jpg

So, now my head is starting to hurt. Sorting through this stuff...

It is proportional to the cube of the speed. The force due to drag is proportional to the square. To get power you have to multiply by the rate. Therefore the power is proportional to the cube of the speed.

If it takes 100 hp to go 100 mph then to go 200 it is the ratio of (200/100) cubed times 100 hp or 800 hp.

It is proportional to the cube of the speed. The force due to drag is proportional to the square. To get power you have to multiply by the rate. Therefore the power is proportional to the cube of the speed.

If it takes 100 hp to go 100 mph then to go 200 it is the ratio of (200/100) cubed times 100 hp or 800 hp.
And now we know. It kind of works that way with race cars.

And now we know. It kind of works that way with race cars.
This is for land speed racing. I would assume boating has different variables due to drag with water and inefficiency of prop vs tire to pavement. Also, drag racing would be different also as traction/speed would have different effects on it.

Ok a little rant…I went to the store today and had the Dart. Some guy walked up and said is that your sons car? I said no it’s mine. He says that’s a lot of car for a girl. He was very sarcastic about it. I said well don’t you concern yourself I can handle a lot. :wtf:
tell him he needs to take the man bun out and grow a pair.

That’s beyond my comprehension. :eek:

That’s beyond my comprehension. :eek:
Just saying that if it takes 100hp to go 100mph, then to go 200mph it would take 800hp or 300mph would be 1800hp given the same vehicle with all other things equal. theoretically of course. or mathematically. So, to go another 100mph it takes 700 additional HP to go from 100 to 200mph and then 1000hp more to go from 200 to 300mph

Tom's Duster got to 100 in the quarter with probably 300 horse. To get to 150 he needs about 900 which he has. He's getting there a lot quicker though. :lol: :lol:

Just saying that if it takes 100hp to go 100mph, then to go 200mph it would take 800hp or 300mph would be 1800hp given the same vehicle with all other things equal. theoretically of course. or mathematically. So, to go another 100mph it takes 700 additional HP to go from 100 to 200mph and then 1000hp more to go from 200 to 300mph
**** it takes all my horsepower just to get out of bed!

Watching fiberglass dry isn't very exciting so figured I'd see what you all were up to.
And typical no good. :poke:

Tom's Duster got to 100 in the quarter with probably 300 horse. To get to 150 he needs about 900 which he has. He's getting there a lot quicker though. :lol: :lol:
yes, but he is accelerating in a much more aggressive manner. Land speed you have up to 5miles to get up to speed with very little traction. It is very common to spin the tire at 200mph plus trying to get to full speed. I watched a Camaro do that. Shooting for 265mph record, spun at 200+. crazy

-
Back