Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The only thing that I don’t like about travel is sitting here in the dark making coffee in the dark and typing on a phone. Oh well small sacrifice. I did pick up some Black Rifle coffee. You all talked about it so thought I’d give it a try…good stuff I like it.
Yessir...

20231214_064220.jpg

He was upset and Toney was offsides. I’m a little baffled at the when the call it and when they don’t. Easy just don’t be offsides basic chit come on they get paid the big bucks.
They were asking Mike Florio about it, he said why not use technology, NFL would resist that and for whatever reason like the guessing/judgement game. Was talking about laser lines, could be used to mark line of scrimmage and first down.

Morning gang.

Went with the Ring security system. Initial setup was pretty easy. Set out a couple of the sensors... have to get the rest done this week.

They were asking Mike Florio about it, he said why not use technology, NFL would resist that and for whatever reason like the guessing/judgement game. Was talking about laser lines, could be used to mark line of scrimmage and first down.
I've thought about that. They could chip the ball and use a differential GPS system at the stadium to know exactly where the bail is. Also... tune up the protective gear to provide impact data...especially the helmet.

Morning gang.

Went with the Ring security system. Initial setup was pretty easy. Set out a couple of the sensors... have to get the rest done this week.
Are there other cameras than at the door? I'd like something out here but no real internet, using hotspot.

They were asking Mike Florio about it, he said why not use technology, NFL would reduce that and for whatever reason like the guessing/judgement game. Was talking about laser lines, could be used to mark line of scrimmage and first down.
It’s a tough call at times with the slope of the field eyeballing the ball from a wide out spot. But hey when you don’t get an ok from the line ref take a step back?? I don’t want it all computerized calling penalties and such but hate to see great plays muffed also. I feel in this situation they should have blown the play dead at the snap and avoided all this controversy.

Are there other cameras than at the door? I'd like something out here but no real internet, using hotspot.

Interior and exterior cameras of different styles. I'm trying the battery ones. It's just about compatibility with the base station. Easy peasy, just scan the QR code on the back and it adds it and walks you through setup in the App

It’s a tough call at times with the slope of the field eyeballing the ball from a wide out spot. But hey when you don’t get an ok from the line ref take a step back?? I don’t want it all computerized calling penalties and such but hate to see great plays muffed also. I feel in this situation they should have blown the play dead at the snap and avoided all this controversy.

Gambling has made it a much bigger deal I feel

Interior and exterior cameras of different styles. I'm trying the battery ones. It's just about compatibility with the base station. Easy peasy, just scan the QR code on the back and it adds it and walks you through setup in the App
Think Starlink may be an option for me if I want to run something like that

I've thought about that. They could chip the ball and use a differential GPS system at the stadium to know exactly where the bail is. Also... tune up the protective gear to provide impact data...especially the helmet.
Sweet... And Vegas can then bet on the speed of a throw, impact PSI of a hit, etc. More data, more bets, more money. Would be crazy to know the stuff that gets bet on now.

Think Starlink may be an option for me if I want to run something like that

If you're in the footprint, it's by far superior to any other satellite-based solution. Initial equipment outlays are high, but the throughput is much better and monthly cost is somewhat comparable

Sweet... And Vegas can then bet on the speed of a throw, impact PSI of a hit, etc. More data, more bets, more money. Would be crazy to know the stuff that gets bet on now.

The NFL claims to be concerned about player safety... I keep thinking the helmets being like Rock-em, Sock-em Robots where something pops up on the helmet if they take a hit. Like one of those things that let you know the turkey is ready

The NFL claims to be concerned about player safety... I keep thinking the helmets being like Rock-em, Sock-em Robots where something pops up on the helmet if they take a hit. Like one of those things that let you know the turkey is ready
Think they are to a point. I personally don't like the changes in kick offs, know that it is a huge potential but I love to see the carnage, sorry lol!

I have 4 hard wired cameras on the house, and 2 wifi solar cameras. The one on the shop is my favorite, i can turn it to look at different parts of the yard, and it has speaker/microphone. Battery needs occasional charging, 3 times a year. Its a cloud edge.

Morning!
Just above freezing.
Haul in pellets, maybe start forklift and move the pallet.

I have 4 hard wired cameras on the house, and 2 wifi solar cameras. The one on the shop is my favorite, i can turn it to look at different parts of the yard, and it has speaker/microphone. Battery needs occasional charging, 3 times a year. Its a cloud edge.

I want to see if I can get a solar one up at the shed in the back of the yard... otherwise going to cover the blind spots around the house and driveway approach... Also one in the garage... which could be pretty freaking entertaining to watch on certain days

:lol:

40 degrees this morning, calm as well, I would go outside and burn some leaves this morning but a doctors appointment has me locked in, 9am they take blood, see the doctor at 9 fifteen, rush back home and test the waters on burning then, I have 4 long roses to burn that I rowed up in the last few days.
When you enjoy having oaks and hickory seround your home its the price you pay, I bet I only mowed twice all year last year :thumbsup: , shade keeps that took care of

My problem is WIFI for systems like that. I have to use trail cams on my property and a wired alarm system. Starlink, etc. is not available to me.....................

Think they are to a point. I personally don't like the changes in kick offs, know that it is a huge potential but I love to see the carnage, sorry lol!

Baseball and football, it makes you wonder about the increases in fragility and frequency of injury. I think it's because kids start so young and then stay with one sport they just get worn out. Can you imagine an MLB pitcher throwing a 200+ pitch complete game then coming back on 3 days rest to do it again? Interesting

-
Back