Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Seeings how we generally end up in the ditch by noon! Merry Xmas!

View attachment 1716182008

Another classic Christmas card...

She's really in the Christmas spirit...

Christmas.jpg

Today I got the rest of the k-frame for the Cuda disassembled. Just that and watching some football. Leftovers for dinner. But, good leftovers I might add. Kkkkk
1000003018.jpg

Back home again in Indiana. 703 mile round trip, averaged 74.2 mph (not counting the 90 minute lunch stop at Cheesecake Factory with my daughter) and 23.9 mpg with the big hemi.

All for these…. Yes I drove 703 miles for furry rabbits.

IMG_3193.jpeg

Back home again in Indiana. 703 mile round trip, averaged 74.2 mph (not counting the 90 minute lunch stop at Cheesecake Factory with my daughter) and 23.9 mpg with the big hemi.

All for these…. Yes I drove 703 miles for furry rabbits.

View attachment 1716182315
Good job Dad.
For some reason I'm getting flashbacks to an old Bonanza episode, where Hoss and Little Joe get caught up in the Bunny Business.

Hope it works out for you Chris.
Well I look at it this way, either it works out the way my wife thinks it will, or I’ll have a steady supply of fresh rabbit meat, which reduces my food bill. Win/win

I’m curious as to the business venture
We went down the homesteading business venture. We’re going to be selling goat milk products, duck and chicken eggs, hatchlings of both, and rabbits, both for meat and show.

Not looking to get rich off of it. Hoping to fully offset the animals feed and vet costs by end of year 3. Which is feed and water costs are less than 100 bucks a month currently for everything. Vet bills the last year were about 700. So if we can clear 2k income gross, I’ll be happy.

There could be a market for those little furry pelts too :thumbsup:
Yep. There’s a big market for this breed as pets and show animals too. And the goat market locally is more demand than available supply. Especially in goat meat and raw goat milk. A 50-75 pound market meat goat routinely brings between 700-1200 at market. Ground goat meat goes for 24+ a pound locally. And the butcher I’m working with on it, can’t get enough. The HUGE influx of the Hindu population in the surrounding areas to the north of our county and the lack of goat meat up there, he sells out within a day of processing.

Hey see what happens don't know if you don't try.
Yep worse case, it’s all a huge tax write off. And I just have to have one legit profitable year out of my first 5 to avoid penalties or audits per both CPAs I’ve talked too.

-
Back