Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
not many 70 coronets around, they were way over shadowed by the charger and outsold by Plymouth. 70 was really the last year for a pure coronet muscle car. 71 was the first year the coronet and charger were combined which is why we have a such thing as a 71 charger superbee.

Then in 72 it went on to being mostly a 4 door/wagon only until silently dying off in 76.

The coronet was an old name plate by then.

not many 70 coronets around, they were way over shadowed by the charger and outsold by Plymouth. 70 was really the last year for a pure coronet muscle car. 71 was the first year the coronet and charger were combined which is why we have a such thing as a 71 charger superbee.

Then in 72 it went on to being mostly a 4 door/wagon only until silently dying off in 76.

The coronet was an old name plate by then.
Yup, 70 Doge B Body is still ugly in my Opinion. I know, all the good drive train stuff.. But I , personally wouldn't own one... Unless they GAVE it to me.

Yup, 70 Doge B Body is still ugly in my Opinion. I know, all the good drive train stuff.. But I , personally wouldn't own one... Unless they GAVE it to me.
my guess is they tried to be bold and be really different in designing the 70. Although the superbee sold real well in 69 and there are a lot of 69 coronets around, still nothing compared to the amount of 69 chargers made. So my guess is that 70 was a valiant effort to compete and be something that was remembered and recognized by the public.

I agree with you however. 1970, I would be buying a B-body....I would have walked over to the Plymouth side and bought a much smoother looking 70 Satellite or GTX before a Coronet.

I'm not really fond of the 70 Road Runners either. It was like a last ditch effort before a major styling change. Many car makers kept the same basic car design for 3 years before changing.

I'm not really fond of the 70 Road Runners either. It was like a last ditch effort before a major styling change. Many car makers kept the same basic car design for 3 years before changing.

absolutely correct .....the impression I got from research is what is known as the 71 B-body style was actually supposed to have come out in 70. However, 69 was a extremely high sales year for the B-body line so it was a gamble they took to decide to either squeeze it another year and try to keep the momentum going or change. They figured it would work with the over flow of sales in 69. However some things that played into it not working was the new E-body line that made the boxy cars look old and the even the Surprise Valiant duster came in out of nowhere and impacted sales by cannibalizing sales within Plymouth. The valiant success was not even foreseen by bean counters.

I don't really like roadrunners but I am biased to Plymouth B-bodies

Last edited:
What's not to like!
My 69 coronet.jpg

i thought I was the only one here! ^^^^

i just got in from the garage...

Got Eddies engine compartment pressure washed, and the brackets and pulleys stripped so we can degrease and paint tomorrow...

Our pulleys are not lining up properly. He bought a replacement balancer and we are like 1/8" off of lining up with the water pump pulley.... We're going to do some more digging into that tomorrow.

The Super Stock leaf springs and speedo cable came today, so we can get them changed before we drop the engine...

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Are you doing any engine bay painting before installing the motor?

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Are you doing any engine bay painting before installing the motor?

No, just a clean up. We're going to paint the steering gear and k-frame, but that's all...

We want to get the engine in this week and get the drive shaft made, and the exhaust connected to the existing pipes.

Hey Ray, I got the package of bolts today...

Holy crap, it's pretty heavy for a small box...

No, just a clean up. We're going to paint the steering gear and k-frame, but that's all...

We want to get the engine in this week and get the drive shaft made, and the exhaust connected to the existing pipes.

Cool! That was my first thought when I looked at it...paint the k-frame, steering column and box and maybe the master cylinder and drop the engine in!

Too bad that she didn't stick around longer...

You could have had another colorado mopar buddy...

I liked her valiant....i was thinking road trip but it seems she sold it right away....
The thread is locked now so oh well

-
Back