Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just crawling thru. I'm doing fine. I had surgery to repair the Artery in my left leg . Hopefully no more blood clots.
In the process they nicked my vocal cords with the breathing tube. Said it was because they had to reposition me during Surgery.
Things are healing up. Thanks to all who have been asking about me. I hope everyone here is well. Oh and go Niners .
Sorry not an Andy fan.

Thanks for floating by Wolfie. Keep on healing!

It's Salty Saturday!

saltdart.jpg

Good morning :D

No paid work today... Gonna clean the stove pipes and bottom of chimney.. Wife texted me at work the other night that it backed up and got the house smokey. She isnsisted it was blocked. The way our chimney is set up, there is no space below where the stove pipe goes in, so that is possible. We use the creosote logs and they can make a lot of stuff fall down. She burned one about a week ago, so I thought maybe that was what happened. Pulled the pipe off yesterday and its got some crap in there, but not that bad and nowhere near blocked. Have no idea why it backed up.

Good morning everyone. Been binging Sick Week. I usually watch 1320 video coverage. I haven't seen the Duster. Some pretty crazy repairs done. Jeff Lutz put new rods in 1 night and made the trip to the next track. Another guy found a replacement engine, installed it and made the trip. Crazy

No paid work today... Gonna clean the stove pipes and bottom of chimney.. Wife texted me at work the other night that it backed up and got the house smokey. She isnsisted it was blocked. The way our chimney is set up, there is no space below where the stove pipe goes in, so that is possible. We use the creosote logs and they can make a lot of stuff fall down. She burned one about a week ago, so I thought maybe that was what happened. Pulled the pipe off yesterday and its got some crap in there, but not that bad and nowhere near blocked. Have no idea why it backed up.
Squirrel ???

Now these are rare.
Barn Doors!
usually with a flip down passenger seat.
although there were some military versions with normal seating
1706969636355.png

1706969538806.png

I used to have issues at the last house on days it was warmer. I had to get the starter fire very hot or it had issues pulling the draft. More paper and small starter wood Once I figured that out, no more issues. Later I just burned 24/7 and really no issues

I doubt it. We have plenty of them around, but no trees that close and I never see them on the roof. I'm thinking wind. Happened soon after she started it and probably didn't have a good draft.
Only saying that because couple years age son was having same problem ,climbs up on the roof looks down the chimney ,out jumps a squirrel almost knock him off the roof .

I used to have issues at the last house on days it was warmer. I had to get the starter fire very hot or it had issues pulling the draft. More paper and small starter wood Once I figured that out, no more issues. Later I just burned 24/7 and really no issues
Yep. I start with kindling on top of bigger pieces and some paper around. Use torch to light the kindling first. Once that gets a good flame I hit the paper and it gets a good draw going. I've showed her what I do, but I'd bet she put kindling under. Makes the bigger stuff smoke a lot till it gets going.

Our fireplace is like that. THe hearth is so big it's hard to get a big enough fire in it so it will draft properly. It just get's lazy and goes out. It's like it sucks all the oxygen out of the living room. You can open the front door and it will take off. THat kind of defeats the purpose of having a fire though. :BangHead: :lol:

Only saying that because couple years age son was having same problem ,climbs up on the roof looks down the chimney ,out jumps a squirrel almost knock him off the roof .
I'm sure it happens. LOL. But this is a 7x11 tile inside. I don't even think one squirrel would stop it enough unless he got all the way down at the stove pipe. (and he likely would have still been there when I opened it)

My fire smoked starting up today as well, need to make some more kindling, got pieces started with paper only, that's why but going good now, fan just kicked on. Researching my HVAC, kicks circuit breaker when heat turned above 68. Read there's a 10 year warranty and I spent a little time checking power and grounds yesterday, think it needs heater kit. Registered unit will call Monday to start the run around lol!

I'm sure it happens. LOL. But this is a 7x11 tile inside. I don't even think one squirrel would stop it enough unless he got all the way down at the stove pipe. (and he likely would have still been there when I opened it)
7x11 is pretty big. How tall is the chimney?

-
Back