Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Since you all inspired me, I made a new hat. I call it the up yours Alien. and I have an upgraded cork. Not the best but what the hell.

IMG_20240215_152758996.jpg

Frodee, check a thread the end of May first part of June 2015 whenmemike came to visit. A lot of pics, I don’t know how to find it

I think yours are at least 10's.. mine are 8" i'm bout 90% sure now i can't get the tires to fit... I can easily move the springs in bout 3/4" and that should help. shoulda went with smaller tires :)
Got that size wheel from Wheel Vintiques in Rally. 235X60s I can get my fingers between sidewall and springs. Had to roll the fender lips a bit.

Just copy and pasting from the b-body forum..

Rims showed.. on my 62 (stock housing and location) i have 1.5" at the front of the rim which because of how the springs angle will be bout 1" at tire bulge which i'm sure won't be enough.. i'm figuring 1.5" bulge.. So i will prolly move the front of the spring into the frame like DVW does them and offset shackles, don't need to move the rear as much. Thinking of moving the front hangers into the frame maybe 1" though and boxing it nicely. I don't wanna go full in like mini tubing. Wheel lip area looks like it will be plenty of room..
Will need to get new perches and shackles.. wanna try to do it in the car so i can make sure it all fits perfect.. only thing i hate is cutting off the old perches while in the car..

BTW.. how much space do i want between tire/spring? 1" for side load/flex?

Last edited:
Just copy and pasting from the b-body forum..

Rims showed.. on my 62 (stock housing and location) i have 1.5" at the front of the rim which because of how the springs angle will be bout 1" at tire bulge which i'm sure won't be enough.. i'm figuring 1.5" bulge.. So i will prolly move the front of the spring into the frame like DVW does them and offset shackles, don't need to move the rear as much. Thinking of moving the front hangers into the frame maybe 1" though and boxing it nicely. I don't wanna go full in like mini tubing. Wheel lip area looks like it will be plenty of room..
Will need to get new perches and shackles.. wanna try to do it in the car so i can make sure it all fits perfect.. only thing i hate is cutting off the old perches while in the car..

BTW.. how much space do i want between tire/spring? 1" for side load/flex?

P.S. curious if moving the spring in will be a problem with caltracs which i wanted to add sometime this summer...
I never saw any evidence of interference on the spring side of the tire with just the 3/4"? clearance on the 72. The Caltracs are spring hanger and U Bolt located aren't they? They should go wherever the springs go.

-
Back