Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got rain. Nothing serious. Nearest weather station to the drags says "Clear" but Famoso is 20 miles from it and the radar doesn't look like clear skies. Would be bout right, Nitro cars were due at noon to do Q1.

Happy with my progress today. Hope to get panel below column and pedals done tomorrow. No fancy cut and butt though, slap it on top and weld it. Then seam sealer. Lots to do for sealing up passenger compartment. Im getting there.

Happy with my progress today. Hope to get panel below column and pedals done tomorrow. No fancy cut and butt though, slap it on top and weld it. Then seam sealer. Lots to do for sealing up passenger compartment. Im getting there.
I saw you were melting metal. So satisfying!

I was just downstairs switching loads in the washer. I have some Wheat beer extract and a can of Canadian Blonde. I need to get busy. Thinking about 2 gal. of raspberry wheat, some regular, and some of that CB if I have all the ingredients. Here's my Canadian Blonde. Ain't sh cute? Eh!

Canadian Blonde (2).jpg

I was just downstairs switching loads in the washer. I have some Wheat beer extract and a can of Canadian Blonde. I need to get busy. Thinking about 2 gal. of raspberry wheat, some regular, and some of that CB if I have all the ingredients. Here's my Canadian Blonde. Ain't sh cute? Eh!

View attachment 1716214901
Hope it turns out as good as she looks Mike.

Well not to be a downer, but today has been one of those days.
Came home from docs. Took one look at MO. He was 20 last week.
He had a great run.

20240301_162933.jpg

20230916_071731.jpg

Hate city traffic and smell of diesel exhaust makes me nauseous... I could handle an hour drive through the country far better than half the time sitting in traffic. My drive to work is usually half an hour for a little over 15 miles. Average 40mph with several lights. Road construction is my biggest variable. And they are already at it on the road I take most often. I can go several different ways to avoid that or other traffic though. Bad enough ya gotta work. Shouldn't need to suck just getting there! :steering::wtf:
I have to walk to work, dang near seventy yards, but it is only uphill one way no matter what my grandkids tell you!

There are some great threads on here about setting up your Cal Tracs. I run them on my Cuda, you will not be disappointed. I am just north of 600HP and I literally think they are the reason my 8-3/4 spooled 433s is still alive. Everybody flamed me when I was building it for the 8-3/4 but for the price I figured I would run it till it shelled then go Dana. Buddy was fire sale due to a domestic dispute.

There are some great threads on here about setting up your Cal Tracs. I run them on my Cuda, you will not be disappointed. I am just north of 600HP and I literally think they are the reason my 8-3/4 spooled 433s is still alive. Everybody flamed me when I was building it for the 8-3/4 but for the price I figured I would run it till it shelled then go Dana. Buddy was fire sale due to a domestic dispute.
My old work partner and mentor had an alcohol injected Rodeck in front of a 8 3/4 and it lived quite nicely.

Some of the Thursday results from March Meet before the threat of rain
A FUEL
1) Wayne Ramay, Simi Valley, Calif., '17 Neil & Parks, 6.037 seconds, 219.44 mph
2) Kin Bates Sr., Anderson, Calif., '96 Tuttle, 6.107, 234.09
3) Rick Ewens, Prescott Valley, Ariz., '16 Sarmento, 6.300, 213.33
4) Sean Bellemeur, Placentia, Calif., '3t ALT, 6.318, 219.08
5) Sabrina Capps, Madera, Calif., '20 Dyda, 6.405, 211.79
6) Shawn Corbari, San Jose, Calif., '20 Dyda, 6.735, 172.96
7) Chris Bates, Redding, Calif., '18 Van Horn, 7.067, 197.91
8) Clayton Zulim, Visalia, Calif., '09 Bolton, 14.348, 61.23

Notice #5 If I remember right there's a guy named Ronnie Capps from Madera

1709337450526.png

I need to shorten the push rod between booster and pedal. Thinking i should cut, weld on a long nut and thread the end going into booster. Thinking fine thread as thread depth is shallower, in theory rod will be stronger.

actually got some **** done tonight.. fuel line is complete from tank to carb.. pulled the passenger spring and test fit.. rear tires will clear the springs by bout 1/2 inch if i move the springs against the frame which is pretty easy :) Goal tongith was to get the spring perch off the axle.. but it took a ******* hour to get the bushing out of the spring. and i got hungry, will do the perch after work tomorrow :)

-
Back