Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The view from the bleachers looking over the starting line is worth the chance of rain. Santa Monica Mtns. all covered in snow with a FC with header fires taller than you reach :thumbsup:

well find.. i'm coming to live with you..i can't get anyone here to go to a drag strip... wahh...

My Scamp has a 904 and pushing 471 HP and 500 ft lbs. of Touque through it and works great.
It was built with better clutches and valve body.

I went with alto reds and kolenes in my 727 to handle a whopping 350hp that a stock trans could take forever :) Only thing i didn't do was a bolt in sprag... i live on the edge..

I'm surprised that's still for sale. i have seen guys asking 100 for them.. that's a bargain for someone that needs it.. i got lucky and have tons of room around my headers for the filter.

BTW.. Princess, if you love 4 speeds why go auto? If i had pedals and a car setup for a 4 speed i would have one in it for sure.. (well.. a 6 speed) :)
Just to change it up, I have a few cars and I picked up a 72 dart for mega cheap. All my other cars are all pedal cars and I still have quite a few 904s and related parts laying around so I thought why not

not sure on your money situation... but a converter is a big kick in the pants but not cheap.. i went with a FTI 9.5" but it was $750.. as far as rebuild kit.. not sure i ordered a mix of parts from A&A and Cope, they do sell master kits though and for a 318 those should be fine, i went overkill as i worry bout breaking **** WAY too much although i never make enough power to break stuff :) The one part i would 100% replace no matter what is the rear servo spring cover.. i had one do this exact thing to me once, was able to fix it in car but it sucked. The stock one is just stamped steel and can bend under too much pressure.
View attachment 1716224591
Wow, that is easy overkill but so cool.

The engine I plan to use is the 318 I started overhauling on my YouTube channel (I need to make more progress soon)

The intent for the car is daily driver/ regular street use.

Just to change it up, I have a few cars and I picked up a 72 dart for mega cheap. All my other cars are all pedal cars and I still have quite a few 904s and related parts laying around so I thought why not
That's the same reason i'm doing a small block.. never had one before :) i'm sooo throwing money away but it's more interesting..

BTW... i drove only stick cars for like 20 years... and 1 manual auto.. a stick never gets boring... manual auto gets annoying on the street, this time i went with hard shifting but left it auto..

Wow, that is easy overkill but so cool.

The engine I plan to use is the 318 I started overhauling on my YouTube channel (I need to make more progress soon)

The intent for the car is daily driver/ regular street use.
My car came with a Poly but it was too far gone to save... i ended up putting in a 318 with trickflows and a howards roller cam.. i'm bout 2 hours of work from starting it.. It was supposed to be a temp motor, the bottom end was $300 and no idea on if it's good or not... smelled ok though :)

Should put your youtube channel in your sig btw... I searched for Princess Valiant and got this..

Great concept, poor execution. I did a quick and dirty spray to see if i like the idea, and i do. So next will be better masking and paint the black part the way i want.

IMG_0483.jpeg

I need to get more educated on the torqueboring transmission.

I am considering putting a 904 in one of my darts. Everyone who knows me, looked at me weird because i have never had an automatic.

I have removed them from cars and placed on junk pile but that's as far as I have gone with them.

Manual valve bodies seem kinda pricey but interesting enough.....
Hey Girl. Long time, nice to see you. They are more boring, maybe, kinda, but there is something nice about instant tire chirping shifts. With a converter to match the motor, it is very hard to beat. I love the reverse manual valve body I have. Just a stick car without a clutch. Still up shifting (without lifting off throttle) and downshifting as needed. It also eliminates the passing gear/downshift mess.

What's a good rebuild kit for a 904?

Can I/ should I reuse the torque converter? It's for a street/ road use with a mostly stock overhauled 318.

I bumped up the stall just over factory when I had the torque converter rebuilt.

I don't know of a good way to inspect one other than opening it up.

I have a 3800 in the pop way to much for it. Tim found me a new 2800 at Carlisle last year for a song. No idea how to just "check" them. My issue is ring gears with all the compression. Now I just need good heads.

Should put your youtube channel in your sig btw... I searched for Princess Valiant and got this..

Ha! Nice valiant but definitely not me.

Long time ago my screen name here was Rainy day auto. I'm still Rainy Day Auto on fbbo. For some reason too many people thought Rainy Day Auto is a commercial shop. I am not a shop, just a weekend warrior. It got annoying so I changed to princess valiant, because I have a lot of valiants and I love valiants, especially the ones made between 1967 and 1973.

What's a good rebuild kit for a 904?

Can I/ should I reuse the torque converter? It's for a street/ road use with a mostly stock overhauled 318.
I, personally, have never had good luck with reusing a stock converter unless you know it works. I have gotten bit a few times. They can stick or lock up inside from sitting, or if someone damaged the trans, all the debris ends up in there which wrecks your new trans rebuild.

-
Back