Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Had long term ones, the longest was three years then she moved to Mass. Her father was a cop in my local precinct and actually took me in once for a 85 in a 30 ticket no license or regi. I was shocked when I met her parents to say the least.

What's on the menu today? Mine is to finish getting the Ram out of the lift and rebuild it.

What's on the menu today? Mine is to finish getting the Ram out of the lift and rebuild it.
I pulled the seats out of the Ruster yesterday. Gonna redo the wires that run to the back with new cover and add the wire for my 3rd brake light. once I get that in place I can get the carpet in. Don't know how much will happen today. I am still deciding if I am heading out to do a couple small jobs for a friend over by Lancaster. Needs a window replaced in back door and a couple other things. Some of it is outside though. Hate to run all the way over there when weather may turn crappy.

I need to get the drivers side wiper pivot in, been procrastinating about it but noticed the spedo cable pulled off the cluster again and need to take it out to see why so good time to do it, If I can find where I put the seal kit!

I hate hydraulic oil. Grease just coats you. Hyd absorbs into every pore and stays there a couple days. Been doing forklift work for 30 years...

It is ready to come out just need to grab Ron for a few to lift it out, need two guys so I do not break the fitting by accident, and hopefully it will sneak out of the bottom.

I need to get the drivers side wiper pivot in, been procrastinating about it but noticed the spedo cable pulled off the cluster again and need to take it out to see why so good time to do it, If I can find where I put the seal kit!
I think mine is on OK at the cluster. I fought with it a couple times. My trans leak slowed when I tightened the cable to it, but still see a drop hanging from the cable. Anders is sending me the orings. I drove it around the yard yesterday before I pulled the seats and wires. Speedo jumped all over again...What cable do you have? Mine is from NAPA.

IIRC that pivot is way easier to get to with the cluster out.

I had a problem finding one for mine it has to have that big nut on the trans side all the napa replacements had a small round nut on the trans side and did not work. I had to spend the $ on a NOS one. Do you have a new cable in it?

I had a problem finding one for mine it has to have that big nut on the trans side all the napa replacements had a small round nut on the trans side and did not work. I had to spend the $ on a NOS one. Do you have a new cable in it?
Yea, the NAPA cable was new when put back together. It is round and looks smaller, but same thread as the big nut that was on the factory cable. Just gotta wonder if anything else different. I read a review on a similar aftermarket cable that said the liner is crap compared to original. That should not be an issue till it gets some miles on it. I need to get a look at how it seals into the gear. I know you said its the inner oring (what Anders is sending). But doesn't the cable need to seat on that? If that aint right I may be going back to NAPA. I don't care how long its been.

Glad I taught the wife how to use the tractor, she mowed the "lawn" two days ago for me.

-
Back