Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yea, the NAPA cable was new when put back together. It is round and looks smaller, but same thread as the big nut that was on the factory cable. Just gotta wonder if anything else different. I read a review on a similar aftermarket cable that said the liner is crap compared to original. That should not be an issue till it gets some miles on it. I need to get a look at how it seals into the gear. I know you said its the inner oring (what Anders is sending). But doesn't the cable need to seat on that? If that aint right I may be going back to NAPA. I don't care how long its been.
Morning everyone!

The little seal I'm sending is mounted from the outside. There really shouldn't be any oil pressure behind it (should there?) and it's pretty far in so I don't think the cable holds it in. You ought to have them any day now.

I am pretty sure that seal is just for the spedo gear, I do not think the cable has a seal on it. If it is jumping try to pull out the inner drive cable and lube it first, should not be a new cable liner worn out. The other thing I have notice the cables lube seems to wick up to the back of the spedo and gums up the small drive on the back of them. From the spiral on the inner cable acting like a worm drive maybe?

I am pretty sure that seal is just for the spedo gear, I do not think the cable has a seal on it. If it is jumping try to pull out the inner drive cable and lube it first, should not be a new cable liner worn out. The other thing I have notice the cables lube seems to wick up to the back of the spedo and gums up the small drive on the back of them. From the spiral on the inner cable acting like a worm drive maybe?
so you think I have these in there?

gummi worms.png

That make sense actually. I think the cable core goes into the center of the gear shaft. If that's right, it should not leak even if the cable was off. I will just pull the gear out and check it. No biggy

I gotta do that later too
Did mine Yesterday. My Deere just stopped after I was done in the front. No crank.. no nothin.. Had to push it down to the shop. First thing I checked...Yup battery... Shorted Cell. Never seen a battery go.. just like that... no warning. Any whoo... $40 Advance U1L Fixed.

Why did you get the seal from Anders? Any parts store can get them for a few bucks at most.

Did mine Yesterday. My Deere just stopped after I was done in the front. No crank.. no nothin.. Had to push it down to the shop. First thing I checked...Yup battery... Shorted Cell. Never seen a battery go.. just like that... no warning. Any whoo... $40 Advance U1L Fixed.

Those batteries really suck changed mine out twice in 5 years.

I will have to take a day to catch up on here. I haven't been online in a while. Whats happening with you?

Hopefully I can get a chance today to get the tailpipes on the GTS, in between helping Mama with the Pool.

-
Back