Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pete just drives across town! Have fun you guys. It kills me to not go. But we are also a scratch for Carlisle. Funeral is on the seventh so Jodi is still not back home. I be eating and drinking like a pirate. Gracie says good morning and happy Birthday FOG!

View attachment 1716256175
Good morning Gracie, always wanted to say that :rofl:

Anyone else's wife take forever to get out of the house lol!
Yep and that’s after SHE rushes YOU out of the house while you’re trying to make sure you have everything for everyone… course she’s could have been ready 30 minutes ago…

Well that didn't go as planned. I thought I would type up a description of my 66 for the show (just in case someone might be interested in buying it) I got done and switched screens to print it and lost the whole thing! :mob: :mob: I guess I won't waste time trying that again.

WHY do I continue to torture myself by buying things from RockAuto for the Valiant?

I think I'm at 0 for 7
What went bad this time? I don't think i have bought anything bad from them.... one of my new raybestos rear drums is bout .200 off center though... which is a pisser.. not from rock though

Well that didn't go as planned. I thought I would type up a description of my 66 for the show (just in case someone might be interested in buying it) I got done and switched screens to print it and lost the whole thing! :mob: :mob: I guess I won't waste time trying that again.
It’s a sign to NOT sell

What went bad this time? I don't think i have bought anything bad from them.... one of my new raybestos rear drums is bout .200 off center though... which is a pisser.. not from rock though
I’ve only once had an issue with them. They sent my muffler and heat shield without putting them in a box and they got dinged up. Not beyond useable but still

It's a beautiful day here in Sunny Southern Maryland. Think I will go for a ride on my Harley....

No crap every new drum should be turned to make sure they are concentric. Every one of them.

No crap every new drum should be turned to make sure they are concentric. Every one of them.
yup.. on mine the outer ring is cast and the inner plate that rides on the axle flange is steel and they are welded together and the plate is at least .300 thou off center which would be fine if the shoe surface was cut round.. but nope. kinda mad bout that. but nothing i can do..

Didnt go bad, it's just always not the right part, even if the site states it's the right part.

yup.. on mine the outer ring is cast and the inner plate that rides on the axle flange is steel and they are welded together and the plate is at least .300 thou off center which would be fine if the shoe surface was cut round.. but nope. kinda mad bout that. but nothing i can do..
Good luck finding a shop with one of these today. PSA paper on the drum surface and turn it and adjust as you go will mate them to the drum.
1717086915674.png

Pulsating petal sucks.

I remember in the gas station we cut the drums within .020 to each other then grinded the shoes. That was every brake job. I have NOS drums for the cuda and they were .100 off on one of them, 030 on the other. Prob just stored wrong prob. Glad I have friends with brake lathes.

I remember in the gas station we cut the drums within .020 to each other then grinded the shoes. That was every brake job. I have NOS drums for the cuda and they were .100 off on one of them, 030 on the other. Prob just stored wrong prob. Glad I have friends with brake lathes.
An old school way to do this is fine sand. Put sand in drum and turn adjuster to allow some clearance. Run car on stands and apply brakes or just apply parking brakes several times. Mates the shoes up nice. Take drum off clean up mess adjust and good to go...

-
Back