Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
An old school way to do this is fine sand. Put sand in drum and turn adjuster to allow some clearance. Run car on stands and apply brakes or just apply parking brakes several times. Mates the shoes up nice. Take drum off clean up mess adjust and good to go...
Good luck finding a shop with one of these today. PSA paper on the drum surface and turn it and adjust as you go will mate them to the drum.
View attachment 1716256256

Pulsating petal sucks.

Did that a lot back in the 70's. Turn every drum and arc the shoes. We rebuilt every wheel cylinder as well.
People need to understand when you turn a drum you change the inside arc. Unless you arc shoes only the center of the shoe will hit...

Seems also the new brake material just eats up the older drums. Had a long talk with Craig at mobile parts on this one. Really sucks in many ways.

Asbestos is all Craig will carry. Hard to find now. Gave him my BIL number he has a bunch from the service station still. Close to him also.

I went in tthe back room at NAPA and picked this one out. Lord knows what it fits.

engine 282.jpg

Yes...

But I'm thinking it's a an issue of 3 "correct" parts that don't work together...

Thermostat neck (straight not angled)
Radiator (center inlet)
Hose (yeah.... that)
I was looking for the Continental #60661 but everyone was out of it. Straight stat housing and near center radiator inlet.
1717091706423.png

Got new walkie talkies today for use on power Tour. Vhf business class. 5 watt

View attachment 1716256298
Nice ones. They are fun on trips like that. We had 3 cars going to Colorado one summer. It sure makes the trip across Nebraska more fun. That's where "Toolman" came from. THe wife was "Beancounter" (CPA), Phil was "Undertaker" (funeral Director), and his wife was "Stitcher" (Seamstress)

Nice ones. They are fun on trips like that. We had 3 cars going to Colorado one summer. It sure makes the trip across Nebraska more fun. That's where "Toolman" came from. THe wife was "Beancounter" (CPA), Phil was "Undertaker" (funeral Director), and his wife was "Stitcher" (Seamstress)
Like there is ANY way to make trip across Nebraska fun...

Anyone else's wife take forever to get out of the house lol!
Every time I throw mine out of the house she is like a boomerang and comes back in! Hah!

Disclaimer; this is a macho bravado post, simply posturing for my peer group. Cheryl (Zmans wife) if you are reading this you know darn sure it ain’t true! Show me a man that can throw a crazy redhead out of a house and I will show you man that changes clothes in a phone booth!

-
Back