Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I remember in the gas station we cut the drums within .020 to each other then grinded the shoes. That was every brake job. I have NOS drums for the cuda and they were .100 off on one of them, 030 on the other. Prob just stored wrong prob. Glad I have friends with brake lathes.
“Stock flat, not on edge” takes up way too much shelf space. So on the edge they go. Had many heated discussions about that. Glad i have a brake lathe

K... old spring perches out.. new ones in, not welded yet though.. cutting out the moroso ones SUCKS way more than the stock ones.. but got it done and wore goggles and a mask.. so hopefully wont be coughing up **** for days, will set everything up and weld them this weekend. Rear end was 1/4" to the passenger side, so i hope i can get it a little closer than that.

On top of that.. i have had new espo springs which i think i mentioned that were soo stiff i couldn't move the rear end.. i was going to pull 1 leaf out but i searched google and 1 single post by @RustyRatRod from years ago said "If you crank the u-bolts with a air gun, it will make them stiff... Spec is 45lb" And sure as ****.. soon as i loosened them up Boing boing.. how it should be. I thought he was full of ****. I couldn't find that fix anywhere on line, i have always just cranked em down. So thanks Rusty for that.
Speaking of Rusty, has anyone talked to him lately?

Made it home,no issues at all. Im guessing extra fuel burned in 3,000 kilometres is 20 gallons or less. 17.6 litres per 100 km’s average according to truck computer.
Im a little wound up after driving 450 miles so just chillin until i elax some.

K... old spring perches out.. new ones in, not welded yet though.. cutting out the moroso ones SUCKS way more than the stock ones.. but got it done and wore goggles and a mask.. so hopefully wont be coughing up **** for days, will set everything up and weld them this weekend. Rear end was 1/4" to the passenger side, so i hope i can get it a little closer than that.

On top of that.. i have had new espo springs which i think i mentioned that were soo stiff i couldn't move the rear end.. i was going to pull 1 leaf out but i searched google and 1 single post by @RustyRatRod from years ago said "If you crank the u-bolts with a air gun, it will make them stiff... Spec is 45lb" And sure as ****.. soon as i loosened them up Boing boing.. how it should be. I thought he was full of ****. I couldn't find that fix anywhere on line, i have always just cranked em down. So thanks Rusty for that.
The springs can’t slip when the u bolts are over tightened.

The USAF must be really pissed off at the crabs on Kwajelein. Sometime Saturday morning 00:00-06:00 they are going to launch 2 Minutemen from North VSFB. Those Minuteman silos are about 8 miles from my front door. The trajectory points the motor exhaust directly at us :lol: It's gonna get loud!

1717147999508.png

Woke up a hour late today...... getting old sucks.. like 5 years ago i ran on 4 hours of sleep.. now my body is like No.. you need 16! I think it's cause i stopped working out and am a potato now

Morning!
Looks like a shiny day today.
Have to unload Fargo, and check the front brakes, grease king pins. Road trip tomorrow.

-
Back