Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My contribution for the month. Pic from last year .
Auto zone.

1000002597.jpg

1000002596.jpg

I went in tthe back room at NAPA and picked this one out. Lord knows what it fits.

View attachment 1716256283
Mike, I have been doing the same thing for many years. Anytime I have a situation where the stock hose will not fit. I either went through the racks in my store to pick out one with the correct angles, or after I retired, I go right into the parts store and go to their hoses and pick out the one I like that will fit the best..

Mike, I have been doing the same thing for many years. Anytime I have a situation where the stock hose will not fit. I either went through the racks in my store to pick out one with the correct angles, or after I retired, I go right into the parts store and go to their hoses and pick out the one I like that will fit the best..
Sounds like some women shoppers I know.
Filling in for Karl.

K... old spring perches out.. new ones in, not welded yet though.. cutting out the moroso ones SUCKS way more than the stock ones.. but got it done and wore goggles and a mask.. so hopefully wont be coughing up **** for days, will set everything up and weld them this weekend. Rear end was 1/4" to the passenger side, so i hope i can get it a little closer than that.

On top of that.. i have had new espo springs which i think i mentioned that were soo stiff i couldn't move the rear end.. i was going to pull 1 leaf out but i searched google and 1 single post by @RustyRatRod from years ago said "If you crank the u-bolts with a air gun, it will make them stiff... Spec is 45lb" And sure as ****.. soon as i loosened them up Boing boing.. how it should be. I thought he was full of ****. I couldn't find that fix anywhere on line, i have always just cranked em down. So thanks Rusty for that.

Oh.. btw... Pinion angle was only bout 8 degrees off.... with a rear u-joint working angle of 12* which is insane... i mathed bad

Wow, that's a mile off for sure.
yeah.. i was tired or stoned and visualized **** backwards.... so just to verify... trans/motor has a -2.5* angle (down) so the rear under load should be +2 so i'm going to set it at 0 to -1... which should make a huge difference.. it had a nasty vibration when it would get like 50mph wheel speed

yeah.. i was tired or stoned and visualized **** backwards.... so just to verify... trans/motor has a -2.5* angle (down) so the rear under load should be +2 so i'm going to set it at 0 to -1... which should make a huge difference.. it had a nasty vibration when it would get like 50mph wheel speed
Oh I bet. Shake the sh*t out of you.

I have always done the same, with exception that I bend a welding rod as a pattern then hit the rack and find the closest one and trim to fit. Works every time. The old counter guys never had an issue with letting you do it that way. I can only imagine trying to explain that today to a pup behind the counter while he is asking repeatedly what year is the car as you in vain explain over and over it will not help, the motor did not exist in that car.

I have always done the same, with exception that I bend a welding rod as a pattern then hit the rack and find the closest one and trim to fit. Works every time. The old counter guys never had an issue with letting you do it that way. I can only imagine trying to explain that today to a pup behind the counter while he is asking repeatedly what year is the car as you in vain explain over and over it will not help, the motor did not exist in that car.
A chunk of flexible hot air tube works great as well . Like the stuff used from the exhaust manifold heat stove to the underside of the air cleaner snorkel. I had a chunk laying around and it worked really good. I know MacGyver. :poke: :lol:

-
Back