Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I remember as a kid, life before I-95 and the local roads that were cut off during the construction
They recently finished the 210. They were working on that when I was 16. Took forever to aquire all the land to build. Lots of houses gone...

It's Falcon Friday!

falconfriVIII.jpg

Good morning :D :realcrazy:

Hadn't heard this one. Deep cut

on a side note... Does this guy sing any songs that won't make you depressed?
Keeping it real.
I'm from NJ too. North Jersey. We tell it as it is.

McD's I am done with. The other day grabbed two $1 burgers and wanted med fries, but not at $3.59!
On the other side of Madison I was going to buy a coffee and some fries at the McD's I stopped at to use the head. I figure its only fair to throw 'em some business for using the restroom. There's no fricken cashier! 5 or 6 people standing around using or waiting to use a giant screen. F- that!

Think the last time I had a fast food burger was 1998 - a Wendy's. Hopefully never again.

Keeping it real.
I'm from NJ too. North Jersey. We tell it as it is.

On the other side of Madison I was going to buy a coffee and some fries at the McD's I stopped at to use the head. I figure its only fair to throw 'em some business for using the restroom. There's no fricken cashier! 5 or 6 people standing around using or waiting to use a giant screen. F- that!

Think the last time I had a fast food burger was 1998 - a Wendy's. Hopefully never again.
Yes.. had someone ask me to stop there and grab fries for them. I hadn't been there in over 15 years maybe.

Same thing. But I ordered at the kiosk and waited... then found out they didn't start the order because I had to flag down one of the employees hiding in the back to pay at the register..

Never again

Good Morning everyone. Late start as I just have a couple hours to put in. Half done now. Plan to work on the Charger today and tomorrow. I still hope to paint the chassis 4th of July week. Long ways to go for that!

Good Morning everyone. Late start as I just have a couple hours to put in. Half done now. Plan to work on the Charger today and tomorrow. I still hope to paint the chassis 4th of July week. Long ways to go for that!
I was just lookin' at SCTA site Bonneville Speedweek they have changed the fuel situation from previous. No more VP truck onsite. Bring your own or order it ahead of time.

I was just lookin' at SCTA site Bonneville Speedweek they have changed the fuel situation from previous. No more VP truck onsite. Bring your own or order it ahead of time.
I saw that too. It is looking less likely that I will make it out there even next year. Money just isn't there to do this. We will see. I am sure there will be many changes before I do. I believe USFRA World of Speed is where I will try, it if actually happens at all.

Had to drag out and clean up my 92 D250 Cummins the other day to move some things for my wife's friend. Noticed when I came home when I hit the brakes it was pulling hard to the right. Got home and parked it and there was smoke coming from the left front wheel. Heat smoke. I'm assuming the left front caliper was locked or maybe crusty from sitting for 4 months. I just drove it a couple of miles and seems okay now. Hopefully I don't have to change the caliper on the driver side.

A little late in the season but I got the garden tilled and some tomatoes planted this morning. I'm not going to plant things I have to get on my hands and knees to weed and harvest. I'm one step away from a raised garden but I like to go to the farmers markets and keep them producing. Andy and Emily have some pepper seedlings and some herbs they can plant next week.

I got a Mantis tiller for free and I put a new carb and spark plug in it and it works great. I use the good 2 cycle oil and it started the 3rd pull this year and didn't skip a beat.
1000011156.jpg

I got a Mantis tiller for free and I put a new carb and spark plug in it and it works great. I use the good 2 cycle oil and it started the 3rd pull this year and didn't skip a beat.View attachment 1716259675
Most of my small equipment now is four-cycle. But when it was two-cycle or even now with 4-cycle. I would use Stabil in the fuel every fall when I put them away. Has always worked well for me

Serviced the Scamp this morning after the trip to MITP. A bit over 1,000 miles total. I change the fluid in the Gear Vendor every 1,000 miles just because it only takes a bit less than a quart and I'm not pushing my luck.

Serviced the Scamp this morning after the trip to MITP. A bit over 1,000 miles total. I change the fluid in the Gear Vendor every 1,000 miles just because it only takes a bit less than a quart and I'm not pushing my luck.
It must have it's own reservoir.

I went out to John's shop to get some of Woody's photos. Long story short, I got a plastic box of information from his 42 Plymouth build. That was cool to look through but not what I wanted. [FOR SALE] - 42 Plymouth P14 Coupe

John had his race car on the hoist. Damn, I will give up on the car hobby if I have to jack the car up in the driveway and slide inder with a creeper. I envy you guys that are either younger and more mobile, or have a shop with a lift.

I went out to John's shop to get some of Woody's photos. Long story short, I got a plastic box of information from his 42 Plymouth build. That was cool to look through but not what I wanted. [FOR SALE] - 42 Plymouth P14 Coupe

John had his race car on the hoist. Damn, I will give up on the car hobby if I have to jack the car up in the driveway and slide inder with a creeper. I envy you guys that are either younger and more mobile, or have a shop with a lift.
It's getting harder for me to climb under a car on jack stands, I'll have to buy a hoist real soon.

It's getting harder for me to climb under a car on jack stands, I'll have to buy a hoist real soon.
I made my mind up 24 years ago when I sold my businesses. My garage at the house will have a lift. If I did not have this lift here, I probably would not be doing any of the restoration work that I do on my own cars or helping my people from my church from being taken advantage of. The lift makes all of the difference....

I don't have a building for a lift and at my age it's too late to start down that road. We should have moved to a acreage years ago and I could have had a shop. It didn't happen so there you have it.

-
Back