Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Another happy costumer with a chin spoiler.

-1737721482821593764.jpg

In todays exciting episode of an idiot does bodywork.. we learn that if you don't cover the bottom of the car in plastic and try to cheat by holding carrdboard along the rocker as you go then you will 100% spray the underside of the car... all my beautiful gloss black.. shiny exhaust and caltracs have gray splatter..

I spent the last hour taping **** off now... too litte too late :)

In todays exciting episode of an idiot does bodywork.. we learn that if you don't cover the bottom of the car in plastic and try to cheat by holding carrdboard along the rocker as you go then you will 100% spray the underside of the car... all my beautiful gloss black.. shiny exhaust and caltracs have gray splatter..

I spent the last hour taping **** off now... too litte too late :)
Prep work sucks... but yeah, it pays off. Sorry about the splatter

man that way that sounds when it revs.. it reminds of my 318.. not bad :)
It sounds pretty ratty when it's cold. After it warms up it really smoothes out. I was suprised, 3 pulls plus warm ups and used less than 3 gallons of race fuel. The carbs are 1050's I believe.

Prep work sucks... but yeah, it pays off. Sorry about the splatter
meh..i knew i was being lazy and knew what would happen.. luckily my underside is black i can just spray bomb if it if annoys me too much..

On the upside, seeing it in primer i found some bad low spots and did some more work and i'm happy i didn't say **** it and just paint it,soo much better now.. a bit more to do but looking better

It sounds pretty ratty when it's cold. After it warms up it really smoothes out. I was suprised, 3 pulls plus warm ups and used less than 3 gallons of race fuel. The carbs are 1050's I believe.
i want a big boy motor :( i need a big boy job :)

How's the buyer traffic down there Mitch?
Not so great for me, because I just keep bringing the same BS up here to resell. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. But that's not the real reason I come up here anyhow.

Thanks Mike. Thinking I might change it one more time just because I'm not real happy with it yet. Hard with that 73 big bumper to make it look better.
Fred, it makes the park bench look smaller :thumbsup: In the first 2 years of those 5 mph monstrosities it's a wonder any of the makers sold any vehicles to the public.

Our County Fair started today. I took a ride through town earlier, 2 blocks from the fairgrounds and didn't notice any change in the traffic :wtf: . 38 Special's opening act starts at 18:15 PDT. Might have to take a ride about then. That SpaceX launch might mess up the .38 Special sound for a few minutes :BangHead:

Fred, it makes the park bench look smaller :thumbsup: In the first 2 years of those 5 mph monstrosities it's a wonder any of the makers sold any vehicles to the public.
Kinda think the insurance companies had a hand in that.
Trying to make them look decent has been a big pain for me. :BangHead:

Since we were talking about Beetles last week, I thought I would continue it this week. Picked up an NOS Beetle door today that was still in the box! Big piece of this puzzle came home to roost today! Now to get it in motion.

IMG_3736.jpeg

-
Back