Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am with you, parts of it are nice but does not have a “flow” to it.
Flo?

Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg

This resto-mod Duster was pretty wild but I wasn't too wild about it. Owner bought it already built and proclaimed it was better to do it that way.... The car show tag on the dash said it was a 73, I've seen those de-beaked as this one was but don't know if I've seen the tail panel reworked as well, maybe it was really a 72 lol!

View attachment 1716275780

View attachment 1716275782

View attachment 1716275783

View attachment 1716275784

View attachment 1716275785
That duster was built by a member here. He sold it a few years back. I love it. Guy has talent and is an Air Force Fabricator. There’s a ton of work put into it by a one man show.

I have always liked Studebakers. Different and unusual.
Virgil Exner was a design engineer for Pontiac, Studebaker, and Chrysler. I like his style.

Served as chief stylist for General Motors’ Pontiac studios from 1935 through 1938

In 1938, joined Raymond Loewy’s industrial design firm and assumed responsibility for the Studebaker account

Revolutionized automotive design in 1955 with the “Forward Look” line of automobiles at Chrysler, where he later served as Vice President of styling

Ok, I've hogged up my share of bandwidth here this morning but can't leave w/o posting the Willy's Aero-Wing. Don't know that I've ever seen one of these, really shiny and I like the story on his board that his father brought one of these home when he was 8, nice tribute to Dad.

W1.jpeg

W2.jpeg

W3.jpeg

That duster was built by a member here. He sold it a few years back. I love it. Guy has talent and is an Air Force Fabricator. There’s a ton of work put into it by a one man show.
Wow, small world! It was definitely clean and not saying anything about his quality of work. Would have liked to know more about the engine but didn't know what the new owner could tell me

Wow, small world! It was definitely clean and not saying anything about his quality of work. Would have liked to know more about the engine but didn't know what the new owner could tell me
Cruise this thread. You’ll gain a ton of appreciation for that workmanship. And it has EVERY detail. Ross even gave me some tips personally on my car, granted I’ve not yet gotten them implemented yet

73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

Didnt backread, we lost the turbo on the truck in Montana but swapped it out. Headed out of Wyoming for Colorado today. Got this blue car tailgating me.
20240714_082839.jpg

Came with 4 Montgomery Ward tires even!

Pirated from another thread
1720968035190.png

Just can't get over how much color matching those 5 mph eyesore bumpers
improves the overall look. :thumbsup: One of Fred's chin fairings would make it even better.

Blistering 54° out there and fog. I think we're back to June Gloom this week.
Morning. Just got off the phone with my kids and that takes most the day up. lol
Looks like we have a storm moving in today but is nice, sunny 70* day so far.

This resto-mod Duster was pretty wild but I wasn't too wild about it. Owner bought it already built and proclaimed it was better to do it that way.... The car show tag on the dash said it was a 73, I've seen those de-beaked as this one was but don't know if I've seen the tail panel reworked as well, maybe it was really a 72 lol!

View attachment 1716275780

View attachment 1716275782

View attachment 1716275783

View attachment 1716275784

View attachment 1716275785
built by a member here. build thread on it somewhere.

Cleaned up trailer from camping trip Yesterday. dumped tanks this morning before it got hot. It's 10am and 85deg out heading to 102 they say.

Virgil Exner was a design engineer for Pontiac, Studebaker, and Chrysler. I like his style.

Served as chief stylist for General Motors’ Pontiac studios from 1935 through 1938

In 1938, joined Raymond Loewy’s industrial design firm and assumed responsibility for the Studebaker account

Revolutionized automotive design in 1955 with the “Forward Look” line of automobiles at Chrysler, where he later served as Vice President of styling
Thanks "Dave"....... :poke: :poke: :lol:

-
Back