Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The motor mounts must be broken. It's all vertical...

:lol:

Cool car . Not one you see a lot of
Lol yeah and only 49K original MILES on that car, owner was sure to let me know that wasn't kilometers, very clean and low mile survivor. He also showed me the slick way they avoided using new emissions controls with the fuel/return dual lines etc.

I need to stop complaining. Our internet is out again. The city's fiber is getting close.

Here's a 73 Javelin, think Mike may have taken his date to the prom in one : )

Javelin1.jpeg

Javelin2.jpeg

Javelin 3.jpeg

Javelin4.jpeg

Javelin5.jpeg

Haven't seen our storm damage on the news. Guess we got bumped cause a local carnival got hit as well. Thought they would at least show who was out of power.
Current update from work is for day shift on delayed start for 11am. With a 'stay tuned' in case they push in to 2nd or 3rd. Don't think the manager had any idea how long it could take. I have been in 2 outages for poles knocked out. Both were simple vehicle hits pole with wires still in the air. Both took 8hrs+ to get temporary fix in place and power back on. This is WAY worse. But, I'm guessing it feeds a lot of other customers...

Good Morning

So, crazy story locally. Someone answered a FB marketplace ad for a car for sale, pulled a gun, owner got shot in hand during struggle. Then multi county police chase. WTF! I had some strange calls about a car I had for sale. No longer for sale. Insane

Haven't seen our storm damage on the news. Guess we got bumped cause a local carnival got hit as well. Thought they would at least show who was out of power.
Current update from work is for day shift on delayed start for 11am. With a 'stay tuned' in case they push in to 2nd or 3rd. Don't think the manager had any idea how long it could take. I have been in 2 outages for poles knocked out. Both were simple vehicle hits pole with wires still in the air. Both took 8hrs+ to get temporary fix in place and power back on. This is WAY worse. But, I'm guessing it feeds a lot of other customers...

Good Morning
Sorry to hear you're out. Might check and see if your utility has an outage map, can show you how many outages and number of customers impacted that way you can get an idea of how much restoration is needed. Know that those crews have to patrol every inch of wire so they know everything is "up and in the clear" before energizing. A few years back we had a huge storm, 1/4 million customers out, took 100 man hours for total restore and I still heard it from unhappy customers : )

So, crazy story locally. Someone answered a FB marketplace ad for a car for sale, pulled a gun, owner got shot in hand during struggle. Then multi county police chase. WTF! I had some strange calls about a car I had for sale. No longer for sale. Insane
Wonderful world we're living in these days

Off to asbestos training, more Trump bashing today I'm sure, gotta love it when the instructor feels the need to throw that in.

Sorry to hear you're out. Might check and see if your utility has an outage map, can show you how many outages and number of customers impacted that way you can get an idea of how much restoration is needed. Know that those crews have to patrol every inch of wire so they know everything is "up and in the clear" before energizing. A few years back we had a huge storm, 1/4 million customers out, took 100 man hours for total restore and I still heard it from unhappy customers : )
Yep, I get what's involved... No clue what damage happened when those wires pulled and then grounded. For all I know it could have started with a lightning strike....That's why I compared to a 'simple' pole hit with the wires still intact.

Good morning all. Made it home from
Ohio by 11:00 last night. The kids had a great time out there. Amber shot a 165 overall and Wyatt had a 130 overall. He struggled on day 1. In the end he was happy and knows he needs to improve his mental aspect of it. The kid beats himself up too much. We drove through that storm last night on our way home. Enough to make it annoying to drive. View attachment 1716277236

View attachment 1716277237View attachment 1716277238
Great pix thanks. That sport lends its self to a strong mental game. At Regionals this year right before we took the field our young Captain looked at me and asked “what’s your best last minute advice Coach” I thought for a minute then replied “forget the last shot”

Yep, I get what's involved... No clue what damage happened when those wires pulled and then grounded. For all I know it could have started with a lightning strike....That's why I compared to a 'simple' pole hit with the wires still intact.
AND, there are pics circulating of other poles down. So becomes a question of priority of resources as well.

I don't know if this guy still has this one. Sorry, I had to snap a photo of my laptop screen.

1000011454.jpg

1000011455.jpg

I was brought in by my supervisor yesterday for "making a racist comment"
My buddy Dave calls me Danny Boy and I yell back Davey Boy! We've been greeting each other like that for 30 years. Someone was offended that I called him boy and told their supervisor I was racist.
Time for some people to mind their own business I believe. Happy Wednesday!

1721219101765.png

well, that could be bad... According to this we are the little blue area, a 0-20 customer outage. Says a crew was out 'to investigate'. With the other larger outages close by and amount of damage we could be waiting. Most of these customers are going to be business, including the cold storage I used to work for.

I was brought in by my supervisor yesterday for "making a racist comment"
My buddy Dave calls me Danny Boy and I yell back Davey Boy! We've been greeting each other like that for 30 years. Someone was offended that I called him boy and told their supervisor I was racist.
Time for some people to mind their own business I believe. Happy Wednesday!
I have a friend in upper management who HR talked to about his comment about going to Dykesville. It is a small town north of Green Bay. His cabin is near there.

And HR reached out to a gal one day, asked her if she was uncomfortable and wanted to report that guy who was seen giving her a hug at work. Someone reported it. She said "no, he is my uncle, we had a funeral over the weekend"

Mind your own business

Last edited:
I have a friend in upper management who HR talked to about his comment about going to Dykesville. It is a small town north of Green Bay. His cabin is near there
I have fished Dykesville many times. Good perch fishing back in the day. I'm originally from Oconto

I have fished Dykesville many times. Good perch fishing back in the day. I'm originally from Oconto
Sorry, I didn't notice your new avatar. Pierce Park has their car show in Appleton this coming weekend - on Sunday. It is a ways for you, but it is a great show, wonderful venue with lots of shade. Usually 1200-1500 cars show up.

Appleton Old Car Show

And Belvedere, IL Mopar show is also this weekend.

Last edited:
-
Back