Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The book is most excellent, but a loooooong read. Many pages and not double spaced!
yeah it's like 2000 pages or so i believe.. 2 books when it came out. I read at work non stop anyway so not a big thing.. just surprised how good the series is

Just looked.. 1700 pages or 450kish words, not bad... Wandering inn was 20million words, that took forever to catch up on

I was at a local show put on by a fire dept. I think their ere 10 vehicles and 12 awards. A husband and wife both had Jeeps. Wife got best Jeep and he got best off road. Nobody against them. I was against a 1960 Chevelle vert, and I think 1938 Buick Roadster. (only other cars there worth looking at) The Chevelle got 'Best in class', 'Chiefs pick' and something else. They also gave a 'Modern' for 2000+, and a motorcycle award and I don't know what else. Some total junk cars got trophies cause there was nothing against them. Don't get me wrong, the Chevelle was beautiful and owner a great guy, but I think even he was like 'really ?".
The Hagerstown, MD show I went to gave out 70 trophies. :eek: as well as the big winner trophies. the guy next to me had his 1969 Barracuda he ordered new and it was outstanding...................he didn't even win one of the "participation trophies" However some bright pink Dodge Durango did.

Happens at most shows. End up with really cool builds that are completely different going against each other. Not that I really expected my car to win anything... but I was in a couple shows where I felt the cars that won against mine didn't even belong in the class.
Case in point, I took my Cuda to a local show. Right at thirty people’s choice awards, maybe fifty cars. Show completely dominated by brand new (2020) straight off the floor zero mods mustangs and Camaros, plus a few vettes. Best in show a brand new Vette zero mods straight off the showroom floor. Guy had to have a buddy back it up for him to get pix and accept award. There was a studebaker there with a LS swap that was just mind blowing well done. He and I got nothing!

So a question out to the collective coffee brain trust. After getting the opportunity to visit Gettysburg Battlefield (thanks again @ZMan67S ) my interest in what we speculate as a civil war defensive wall is renewed. As a result I want to purchase a metal detector and cruise the wall this winter. I know less about metal detectors than I know about Women. Any y’all ever used one? What are the features you need vs the ones ya don’t. I don’t live on the ocean so no need for submerge or salt water resistance. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

37 thursday, eh? This one will kick my butt through the whole rewire. On jack stands and clamps,zip ties tape and loom. I need to take it all apart.

The Hagerstown, MD show I went to gave out 70 trophies. :eek: as well as the big winner trophies. the guy next to me had his 1969 Barracuda he ordered new and it was outstanding...................he didn't even win one of the "participation trophies" However some bright pink Dodge Durango did.

Case in point, I took my Cuda to a local show. Right at thirty people’s choice awards, maybe fifty cars. Show completely dominated by brand new (2020) straight off the floor zero mods mustangs and Camaros, plus a few vettes. Best in show a brand new Vette zero mods straight off the showroom floor. Guy had to have a buddy back it up for him to get pix and accept award. There was a studebaker there with a LS swap that was just mind blowing well done. He and I got nothing!
In any class where remotely permissible... Hideously overdone customization wins people choice awards. Boltons, stick ons, bright contrasting colors, even crap just stuck in the car, engine bay or even propped against it -anything that grab attention. One particular Camaro that I've seen at a few local shows comes to mind... Murals under hood etc. Too much money + no sense. I respect that people don't put a lot of miles on their classics to keep them nice. But cars obviously not built to drive will never get my vote.

So a question out to the collective coffee brain trust. After getting the opportunity to visit Gettysburg Battlefield (thanks again @ZMan67S ) my interest in what we speculate as a civil war defensive wall is renewed. As a result I want to purchase a metal detector and cruise the wall this winter. I know less about metal detectors than I know about Women. Any y’all ever used one? What are the features you need vs the ones ya don’t. I don’t live on the ocean so no need for submerge or salt water resistance. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

John this is the one we have. I did a lot of research before we bought it several years ago. Like anything new and exciting, we used it several times after we got it, and pretty cool to find items on the property.

I have a Garrett Ace 400 that I use but my first one and didn't know if I would like the hobby so $300 is all I spent for it and the little snooper I guess they call them.
I'm happy with it John but I know they make better ones but mine dose everything I need it to do.

1721314138028.gif

I got word from other sources that nothing has been done to get power back on at work. Looks like I am going to have to burn a few vacation days this week. On this map we are in one of the 50 spots (York). Thats 50 separated outages in the area. My source said a lot of there crews were previously dispatched to the Midwest, leaving very thin local coverage. Mentioned Sunday, but was not certain if that was to be fixed, or just to get the crews back. Still have not heard officially that we are off even for today. :BangHead: :drama:

I got word from other sources that nothing has been done to get power back on at work. Looks like I am going to have to burn a few vacation days this week. On this map we are in one of the 50 spots (York). Thats 50 separated outages in the area. My source said a lot of there crews were previously dispatched to the Midwest, leaving very thin local coverage. Mentioned Sunday, but was not certain if that was to be fixed, or just to get the crews back. Still have not heard officially that we are off even for today. :BangHead: :drama:
Well. seems my info was a few hours old... They are working on our wires now. My presence has been requested for 6PM start. (Maint and Supervisors) They are hoping to have the place functioning by 3rd shift at 11.

I just saved my buddy $150. I had commented on a bottle of Rye that looked like fun. He commented back that we may need to look for one. He got a message from a scammer trying to sell him a bottle. He got down to the payment and Ted asked me if he could run it through my Pay Pal. NEgatory good buddy. Let's check this out. Yep a scammer for sure including his fake whiskey store that he was ceo of.

I just saved my buddy $150. I had commented on a bottle of Rye that looked like fun. He commented back that we may need to look for one. He got a message from a scammer trying to sell him a bottle. He got down to the payment and Ted asked me if he could run it through my Pay Pal. NEgatory good buddy. Let's check this out. Yep a scammer for sure including his fake whiskey store that he was ceo of.
I can't understand how people can scam others but it sure happens a lot.

So apparently the numbers cast into the side of the bowl on a carter 2 barrel are not the numbers to look up a rebuild kit.

Without tags or knowing what vehicle it came from, you really have to do some leg work to figure out what is the appropriate rebuild kit.

I think walker 151068 is going to work on my slant six 2 barrel carb, but part 2 is still to come.

I guess the Sorenson brand is gone, these days

So apparently the numbers cast into the side of the bowl on a carter 2 barrel are not the numbers to look up a rebuild kit.

Without tags or knowing what vehicle it came from, you really have to do some leg work to figure out what is the appropriate rebuild kit.

I think walker 151068 is going to work on my slant six 2 barrel carb, but part 2 is still to come.

I guess the Sorenson brand is gone, these days
Those numbers are usually just that, Casting numbers. Many Carter Carburetors have the number you may need, stamped on the base mounting casting, near the manifold....

-
Back