Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just registered for Carlisle 2025:thumbsup:

Switched up my category, and I think this fits better.........................

-2024 60-69 with 3 or more modifications: competing with a Dart that one mod is the color they painted it for 30K????

-2025 Pro-Street/Race (Tubs, Induction thru Hood, Roll Cage, etc)

Just registered for Carlisle 2025:thumbsup:

Switched up my category, and I think this fits better.........................

-2024 60-69 with 3 or more modifications: competing with a Dart that one mod is the color they painted it for 30K????

-2025 Pro-Street/Race (Tubs, Induction thru Hood, Roll Cage, etc)
is your car minitubbed?

1721308983822.png

I have wondered how bad moving springs in 3" fucks up the cars ride/handling.. can't be great

Honestly in normal driving, I don't think it would be noticed with the springs moved in. I believe it is that most people then put on much wider/taller/softer tires on at the same time. I would ask the auto cross guys vs day 2 guys. Just my 2¢

Honestly in normal driving, I don't think it would be noticed with the springs moved in. I believe it is that most people then put on much wider/taller/softer tires on at the same time. I would ask the auto cross guys vs day 2 guys. Just my 2¢
yeah, i supposed if you minitub you aren't exactly carving corners anyway... kinda wish i had done mine just for the look of big meats back there :) it's funny how 10.5s don't look bigger than stock once you get used to em

Similar to my situation. How do the Super Stock springs ride? They ride awesome, super smooth, unless most people say. Oh, i went from Firestone 275s to Hoosier wrinkle wall 28x10 also......

yeah, i supposed if you minitub you aren't exactly carving corners anyway... kinda wish i had done mine just for the look of big meats back there :) it's funny how 10.5s don't look bigger than stock once you get used to em
Many minitub for carving corners also. Still want wider tires....

i guess, my mind always thinks drag racing for some reason... Auto-x looks like a blast though

just saw this morning Shogun has 25 emmy nominations which is insane... i might read the book when i finish the show.. it's great but feels like it's missing a lot

Categories are pretty skewed
Happens at most shows. End up with really cool builds that are completely different going against each other. Not that I really expected my car to win anything... but I was in a couple shows where I felt the cars that won against mine didn't even belong in the class.

One day on the rock farm. Just a normal day, clear skies, no wind to speak of, 30 minutes before quitting time the power goes out on the entire farm :wtf: . PG&E had no explanation for it. For many days before I had noticed a Golden Eagle cruisin' the skies around the plant. After I got shut down and headed home, about 200 yds from the gate under the power lines was the smoking carcass of that eagle :eek:. Look up the pole and sure as life one leg of the lines was missing. :realcrazy:

Happens at most shows. End up with really cool builds that are completely different going against each other. Not that I really expected my car to win anything... but I was in a couple shows where I felt the cars that won against mine didn't even belong in the class.
Exactly.....................some amazing cars, but the person also did a nut and bolt restoration and it is perfect. My car will never be that and I don't want it to be. It was built day 1 as a race car.

Exactly.....................some amazing cars, but the person also did a nut and bolt restoration and it is perfect. My car will never be that and I don't want it to be. It was built day 1 as a race car.
I was at a local show put on by a fire dept. I think their ere 10 vehicles and 12 awards. A husband and wife both had Jeeps. Wife got best Jeep and he got best off road. Nobody against them. I was against a 1960 Chevelle vert, and I think 1938 Buick Roadster. (only other cars there worth looking at) The Chevelle got 'Best in class', 'Chiefs pick' and something else. They also gave a 'Modern' for 2000+, and a motorcycle award and I don't know what else. Some total junk cars got trophies cause there was nothing against them. Don't get me wrong, the Chevelle was beautiful and owner a great guy, but I think even he was like 'really ?".

-
Back