Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
"I have a cunning plan"

Plan is to pick up some materials later today and mock things up. The metal on the base provides the base for the seat and a place for the hog rings to attach.

I'll look again, but not sure that riveting would do it, the who bit along the bottom is about to turn to dust. I just took a picture of the worst area.

Still thinking a piece of metal rod along the bottom for a solid base, and then an inverted L-shape bit of sheet metal tagged to that for the ring attachment holes.

I'll need to separate the vertical frame parts from the rusted area. I think a cutting wheel or multi-tool should be able to do that.

Before I remove any of the rusted stuff, I'll mock up what I think is the answer and see if it makes sense in reality.

More to follow.
wonder if Barry has that part he does seats. TA ALASKA? @ta alaska

I would never have thought of a bad ground.. that's interesting
I see it on the tester if it is painted alot then have to hold them by the base. Pretty crazy it will swing 360 if really bad. Points only. I actually wore out my clamp pads and had to replace them to get a bite again. Watch how many will say the clamp is the ground. Tried to dumb it down alot.

Alaskan_TA? THe guy that has the Hamtramck site? He hasn't been on here for a couple years. I don't know what happened. Got tired of my s**t I guess!

OMG.. the 'Cuda emblem and '70 taillights for the capper... wow...

AlaskaTA? THe guy that has the Hamtramck site? He hasn't been on here for a couple years. I don't know what happened. Got tired of my s**t I guess!

I was wondering... I came up empty on the member search

Thought maybe I got lucky... But, NOPE

It is the opposite side... I think... Yeah. I could cut and scab. Maybe

1722857877357.png

Ooof... only 7k.. that pic of the drivers door striker tells a lot about that car...

Cuda the same?
naw, the 'cuda thing didn't start til 70.. the whole rear panel on that is off a 70.. i mean.. the car is nice but that kinda build is just i dunno... wrong to me.

I have a friend that's a cuda nut and goes off if someone calls a '69 or earlier a "Cuda" so of course i do it when i can :)

Ooof... only 7k.. that pic of the drivers door striker tells a lot about that car...
1/2 the price and about the same shape

First ‘Cuda’ 1969
naw, the 'cuda thing didn't start til 70.. the whole rear panel on that is off a 70.. i mean.. the car is nice but that kinda build is just i dunno... wrong to me.

I have a friend that's a cuda nut and goes off if someone calls a '69 or earlier a "Cuda" so of course i do it when i can :)

"Cuda" did start in 69. It was a sub model of the Formula S

Wow, is that the Trouble Shooting contest? Didn’t know it was that large of a competition. I have 4 of the trophies

I love on the '64 how they didn't even try to make the dash nice.. just.. make a box ande put some holes in it.. done! :)
1722859926244.jpeg

-
Back