Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Not sure where I left off. I think the truck is fixed??? Hot Rod has an oil change and got some work on the Charger done. 98⁰ in the garage so it wasn't much. Watched Speed Week whenever I could. See Speed Demon crew ran their streamliner in the E engine class (184-260.99 ci) to 389mph. They will need to do a back up run today. Amazing.

One of the streamliners I was going to help with had a fuel explosion. From the owner .

It was a pretty big bang that did some serious body damage & one of the flying panels hit Marty (aka Mr Shimstock on the forum) in the head right above his right eye. He has a real shiner today but is lucky the panel hit him with the flat side not an edge. Some say the top fire access panels went 20ft in the air. It bulged out the side panels about 4" & they were all held down with 1/4 20 countersunk screws, some of them sheared off, some tore out & some pulled through. The .090" aluminum belly panels were held on with 3/16 stainless rivets & they blew out. There's a lot of body damage & burned up wiring all caused by a pin hole in a -8 braided hose going to the left fuel rail. We start it from the engine panel where the fuel & oil primers are located then switch it over to the driver once it's running. It was warming up for about 10 seconds when I heard it go rough & right at that moment one of the crew was setting up a gopro on the hatch dash & bumped the ignition switch by accident & shut it off. The restart was what ignited the fuel explosion.
This is the end for me this year as I've run out of money & time for this much repair. Thank you to the people who came a long way to crew for me, sorry you didn't get the reward you deserved for all your hard work. The liner is home again now & tomorrow I'll start the cleanup & get the nose & tail off again to get it back in the short shed.

Good Morning All! Eric that's a sad story but at least there wasn't any deaths, not good for sure! Terrible that the guy poured it all in there and that was the result

One of the streamliners I was going to help with had a fuel explosion. From the owner .

It was a pretty big bang that did some serious body damage & one of the flying panels hit Marty (aka Mr Shimstock on the forum) in the head right above his right eye. He has a real shiner today but is lucky the panel hit him with the flat side not an edge. Some say the top fire access panels went 20ft in the air. It bulged out the side panels about 4" & they were all held down with 1/4 20 countersunk screws, some of them sheared off, some tore out & some pulled through. The .090" aluminum belly panels were held on with 3/16 stainless rivets & they blew out. There's a lot of body damage & burned up wiring all caused by a pin hole in a -8 braided hose going to the left fuel rail. We start it from the engine panel where the fuel & oil primers are located then switch it over to the driver once it's running. It was warming up for about 10 seconds when I heard it go rough & right at that moment one of the crew was setting up a gopro on the hatch dash & bumped the ignition switch by accident & shut it off. The restart was what ignited the fuel explosion.
This is the end for me this year as I've run out of money & time for this much repair. Thank you to the people who came a long way to crew for me, sorry you didn't get the reward you deserved for all your hard work. The liner is home again now & tomorrow I'll start the cleanup & get the nose & tail off again to get it back in the short shed.
That sucks badly! Glad no one died.

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson.gif

Here's that pulled pork I smoked yesterday, bark wasn't the best looking imo but the flavor, juiciness (no Hoppy) and cook was great and that BBQ sauce was perfect (thanks again @Icetech . Had side of Lebanese coleslaw with it, not bad!

PP1.jpeg

PP2.jpeg

PP3.jpeg

Here's that pulled pork I smoked yesterday, bark wasn't the best looking imo but the flavor, juiciness (no Hoppy) and cook was great and that BBQ sauce was perfect (thanks again @Icetech . Had side of Lebanese coleslaw with it, not bad!

View attachment 1716285414

View attachment 1716285415

View attachment 1716285416
That's awesome, i'm glad you like the sauce i was shocked how good it is :) Pick up some plowboys yardbird for a good bark next time... mustard then rub... looks great though

-
Back