Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
As
I had a chance to pull my seat off the shelf.
I can roll the tunnel section for you, and a few lengths of the same sheet metal angle and you would have all good clean metal to work with.
Or plan B, post a want add.
1000003167.jpg

1000003168.jpg

1000003169.jpg

1000003170.jpg

yup.. guy making his own pistons was awesome :)
I watched an old fella make a piston for my snowmobile. He had a wall full of blanks and another was all rings.
Cool old guy, worked in his basement. Took his tea time and afternoon naps very seriously. He was doing machine work well into his 80’s.

Seat frame is in, sorta. Tested bench, makes for a little more leg room. And puppy gets to sit on seat with us. Kim gave me her approval, so i will keep moving forward with it.

Paused and got the shed sorted out, reworked roll up door so it will lock. That is one more thing off my list.

A great big wish from Texas ............... hoping all the FABO members have a blessed week.
Even though I need 2 bushings made by my machinists to complete a revamp job on my Duster .....him stating ................ yeah, they will be ready later this week........................
I"m going fishing ...Later Texas Red
may you catch your limit and your refreshments stay cold

I was just readin' that Hurricane Debby is goin' into competition with the USPS. She made a 70 lbs delivery to the Fla. Keys for one of the drug cartels.

Not much happening here today so I made another spoiler and had extra resin so made a fast carb
air cleaner lid for my car that turned out like **** but will stuff some bondo in the bad spots and clean it up and paint it body color to see if I like it on the Scamp.

IMG_20240805_153638180_HDR.jpg

Ordered another quart of paint 8 days ago in case i run out (have 1 quart, should be enough for 2 fenders.. but..) and still hasn't shipped :( Itching to paint this fender but wanna make sure both quarts match before i do it..

the new red is a tiny bit darker than the old red, can see it in the sun pretty bad.. will be ok for now, probably end up spraying the rest of the car at some point..

hoping taking 1000 to the bottom part to take out the shine and blend it a bit might help..
2024-07-21 13.26.58.jpg

Ordered another quart of paint 8 days ago in case i run out (have 1 quart, should be enough for 2 fenders.. but..) and still hasn't shipped :( Itching to paint this fender but wanna make sure both quarts match before i do it..
1 quart should be plenty to paint both fenders.

bored at work thinking bout what i might do tonight.. got the bleeding kit, might try to get the rear brakes done... Buddy is givng me a new O2 sensor kit.. will install that as some point.. no more guessing at my tune

the new red is a tiny bit darker than the old red, can see it in the sun pretty bad.. will be ok for now, probably end up spraying the rest of the car at some point..

hoping taking 1000 to the bottom part to take out the shine and blend it a bit might help..
View attachment 1716285596
Have you tried buffing the doors yet?

Have you tried buffing the doors yet?
not yet.. the door is just covered in dust and some primer overspray, seems no matter how well i tape up there is still a hole somewhere for it to get in :)

The car was all original paint and the guy that sold it to me rubbed the **** out of it, has burn through on some edges and ****.. which i don't mind that much.. i like that it's original.. I could take some of the new red and lightly dust where it meets so it more blends instead of a harsh line...

BTW.. you were right bout the hard tape lines in the primer, took me hours to sit there and 400 them out before painting

not yet.. the door is just covered in dust and some primer overspray, seems no matter how well i tape up there is still a hole somewhere for it to get in :)
That new paint looks like it will match good if you buff the doors a bit.
I wouldn't use compound on that old of paint but Ebony polish would work good just to get the color back some.
I'll send a picture.

That new paint looks like it will match good if you buff the doors a bit.
I wouldn't use compound on that old of paint but Ebony polish would work good just to get the color back some.
I'll send a picture.
I don't think it will come back since they already rubbed it but i am gonna try.. if you look at the pic i posted you can see the new red/old red meet in the middle of the quarter at the tape line, i haven't cleaned that up yet, wanted it to cure well

I use this with a black foam pad and turn the speed down on the buffer. Not wanting to burn it in just get some of the shine back.

IMG_20240805_155225524.jpg

IMG_20240805_155248234.jpg

-
Back