Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hallelujah, Tried, I don't know how many times.!!!!! But got it up today On the long truck, and over to the blast location
PXL_20240822_175705029.MP.jpg
PXL_20240822_184108387.jpg

Got to love a wife that doesn't have a clue but has an opinion as to how it needs to be done. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:
And any task they give you shouldn’t take any more time than it took for them to think it up…

Got home and messed arond a bit.. that razor on runs trick works MUCH better when the paint is still rubbery... last time i did it when it was cured, was bad. So very happy with that... also got some 1000 and 1500 pads for my DA and the 1000 takes the orange peel and that tape line down nice without being nuts.. gotta wait for the paint to cure more though.. **** was marked 6:1 but it takes like 2 weeks to harden up good and hard.. should try 4:1

Also think i figured my gun problem.. i was shooting at 20-24psi.. saw some videos of tests and guys use 30-34psi, too low and the paint doesn't atomize so you get orange peel, and then i would compensate by hosing it on and got the runs.. HOPING that will fix it.. will find out soon

Got home and messed arond a bit.. that razor on runs trick works MUCH better when the paint is still rubbery... last time i did it when it was cured, was bad. So very happy with that... also got some 1000 and 1500 pads for my DA and the 1000 takes the orange peel and that tape line down nice without being nuts.. gotta wait for the paint to cure more though.. **** was marked 6:1 but it takes like 2 weeks to harden up good and hard.. should try 4:1

Also think i figured my gun problem.. i was shooting at 20-24psi.. saw some videos of tests and guys use 30-34psi, too low and the paint doesn't atomize so you get orange peel, and then i would compensate by hosing it on and got the runs.. HOPING that will fix it.. will find out soon
You are running a filter too right before the gun right?

Nice day today. I don't think the A/C has run all day. 78° outside and the A/C is set at 77. Save on that electricity bill. Collected the trash and got the cans to the curb along with the yard waste. I cleaned up a mess in the garage. I had a bag of ground corn that the chipmunk chewed a hole in. Corn all over. I poured what was left in a plastic pail with a snap lid and scooped the rest up and put it outside for the rabbits and squirrels. Fatten them up incase I need meat this winter. :elmer:

the oil pan pic reminds me of a delivery van at work. driver started it, said it was making a noise, checked oil and there was none showing on the dip stick. call was made to change oil. mech "tried" to pull the plug and it was stuck. it unthreaded, but it kept getting sucked back. finially got it out and nothing but molasses inside. they ran enough of something thru it to clean it out, change the oil and filter and then got the engine warranted...

the oil pan pic reminds me of a delivery van at work. driver started it, said it was making a noise, checked oil and there was none showing on the dip stick. call was made to change oil. mech "tried" to pull the plug and it was stuck. it unthreaded, but it kept getting sucked back. finially got it out and nothing but molasses inside. they ran enough of something thru it to clean it out, change the oil and filter and then got the engine warranted...
man.. people are disgusting.. i had to turn that off

Oops, pushed the wrong button and lost all my tabs. Have to load them back up again. :mob: :mob:

Well the 59 Apache is ready to start after sitting for about 30 years. still waiting for someone to help bleed the brakes and push it out of the garage before I try to start it.
Amazing all the lights work and even the cab heat fan works and the horn still blows. Been a fun project I'd like to keep it but I'm sure it's worth more than I can afford.
Fred, put some vacuum hose on the bleeder and put the other end in a bottle with about half full of brake fluid. Fill the master cylinder and pump the brake slowly. It will push air out and suck fluid back in.

-
Back