Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Trans failed. Replaced with new rebuild. Used original cheetah valvebody. It was new. Failed trans less then 400 miles on it. Bought new PTC Converter. Got it put back together seemed ok. Shifted fine
Now next day soft shifts and no movement after sitting a little while. Put in neutral for a minute trans will move. But still not as strong a 1 2 shift. Valve body was disassembled to clean.
So that's the history, but I don't see the relationship.
AFAIK the pressure comes from the pump and the adjustment is made with the screw on the side of the valve body.
The pressure is checked with a gage on the port. The catch is that the engine has to be in drive and the wheels turning slowly - therefore a lift.
If it the pressure is too low or high, to access the adjuster the pan is dropped, and maybe the filter too.

Research cheetah valve bodies not cheap made overseas. Made in the USA. Premium. However it has been taken apart and cleaned. So who knows if it was assembled correctly
If it hadn’t done this before, then yeah, I’d say assembly after being taken apart to be cleaned could be the cause.

But the fact is, same thing just happened again that happened in June. Those things require such precision machining that all it takes is to be slightly out of tolerance and the check balls don’t work and boom, you starve the pump and burn up the rest of it.

If it were me, I’d drop the pan one more time. Remove that sucker, put a stock converter with a 5.0 kick down lever in it, button it back up and see what happens. If the stocker fixes the issue, we know it’s in the valve body

Lon's got a good possibility too if the symptoms fit.
Agree. Matt, the relationship is the valve body was reassembled by Stan. He might not know of service procedure on that modded valve body. Might not have set pressure correct. But valve body is coming out...

If it hadn’t done this before, then yeah, I’d say assembly after being taken apart to be cleaned could be the cause.

But the fact is, same thing just happened again that happened in June. Those things require such precision machining that all it takes is to be slightly out of tolerance and the check balls don’t work and boom, you starve the pump and burn up the rest of it.

If it were me, I’d drop the pan one more time. Remove that sucker, put a stock converter with a 5.0 kick down lever in it, button it back up and see what happens. If the stocker fixes the issue, we know it’s in the valve body
Not the same thing. Converter was shot.

Agree. Matt, the relationship is the valve body was reassembled by Stan. He might not know of service procedure on that modded valve body. Might not have set pressure correct. But valve body is coming out...
Always heard too that manual race valve bodies on the street are a pita to get right

Hope it's just the VB.. shitty job but bout best case scenario now
If Tim doesn’t have a stock one, I might. Just need to get time away from new baby to go dig it out. Have got a 74 904 buried in the shop somewhere

The adjuster is mounted to the side.
This illustration is upside down from when its in the car.
1724892616605.png

Always heard too that manual race valve bodies on the street are a pita to get right
I have a race Cheetah VB in the Demon. No low band apply even. Very simple. Just adjust the bands as the directions say.

You could goodle Cheetah 17156 valve body. It is a pdf for the valve body. Explains the process

Long day. Just got back from 100 mile round trip. The 2.2L is a slug.
Chatted with the fellow that knew the previous owner. He really liked the truck..

Auction ends just in time for me to lay down and my 3 day old to wake up :rofl: Course at this stage, I lack the required hardware to feed said 3 day old so I got to wake the wife up

-
Back