Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Almost ready for the first pass. License run +175mph.

20240906_093515.jpg

Welcome to my world.. i deal with the public at large and deal with it 11 hours a day :)

the best is when they call you with a question... you give them an answer then they argue with you... why the **** did you call me then? I'll take my 40 years of experience and go **** off
wmsmiley-****-hits-the-fan.gif

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

VA gave me their decision today, denied again. Why? Cause my unit back then fubared up the paperwork…

Had one buddy with a nova who called me to look at it.. a friend who "knows how to lash valves" cranked them all down and said fire it up!!! CLANG... bent pushrods and all kindsa fun
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here's a cute lil' Dodge. This would be fun with a 3.9 V6 drivetrain out of a Dakota

20240906_124045.jpg

20240906_124059.jpg

20240906_124228.jpg

20240906_124238.jpg

20240906_124250.jpg

20240906_125611.jpg

Last edited:
finding info on this is ****.. using adjustable rockers with hyd lifters.. i see 1/2 turn to 2 turns.. 1/2 would be .20 preload 2 turns is .080, right now i'm at 1 turn or .040.. might try 1 1/2 this time.
I have always been instructed that with hydraulic lifters, you should close all of the play, and then add 1/4 or 1/2 turn more. This is especially true with high ramp camshafts and higher RPM's expected.... :thumbsup:

I miss those days with the small block Chevys where you idle the thing with the valve covers off and loosen the rocker nut till it clatters and give it a turn and you're done. Mopars are harder to do with the adjuster out on the end of the rocker. And what a mess it could make.
I have a set of Big Block valve covers , tops cut out, just for that purpose....:thumbsup:

I have a set of Big Block valve covers , tops cut out, just for that purpose....:thumbsup:
I was working auto hobby shop. Guy needed valves adjusted in a Chevy luv truck. Well I did the old, run it and adjust till quiet. Adjusters were on rockers. Tough to say the least. Broke one Adjuster. Oops good enough zeal er up...

Made it back home after car shopping for my grand Daughter. The car we went to look at only had 19,000 miles on it and looked in decent shape. Salesman said it was a 3 cylinder Chevy. OK! took it for a test drive and was making a banging noise on the front floorboards that even my feet could feel. We stopped opened the hood
and the engine was rocking like an out of balanced 3-legged dog. NOPE, took it back and walked away.

Made it back home after car shopping for my grand Daughter. The car we went to look at only had 19,000 miles on it and looked in decent shape. Salesman said it was a 3 cylinder Chevy. OK! took it for a test drive and was making a banging noise on the front floorboards that even my feet could feel. We stopped opened the hood
and the engine was rocking like an out of balanced 3-legged dog. NOPE, took it back and walked away.
Did it have 6 and run on 3 or was it actually a banger?

Sounds like a Sonic or Aveo

Glad you were there to kill the swindle Fred

I needed some risers for the front feet of the dryer. Crete won't be bothered by a little trickle of water going by. I poured 2 different ones. I think the rectangle ones will work better. Fingers crossed. Hey, it was the wife's idea. I'll roll with that. Peel off the plastic and they will be flared at the bottom.

20240906_143630.jpg

BTW.. fun fact... last night i was going through **** to get ready to put fenders on... i get my antenna and notice.. the fenders i got from AZ don't have a antenna hole :( and i'm not gonna try drilling one... we only have like 1 AM station left but damn... so, will make up a underdash antenna or maybe get a radio delete plate

-
Back