Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'm up but don't expect me to say good morning till I have my first cup of coffee.

2105797483pouring-coffee-animated-gif-24.gif

coffee cup.jpeg

Happy for Clay, seems like a super nice guy.. his channel puts out a lot of good behind the scenes vids for top fuel stuff... Love his excitement for this win..

Getting into the early dodge stuff but really? Think he is a AACA guy got my number somehow. They are rare as hens teeth have a weird maker motor in it.
Beautiful car. Nice swooping body lines.

You guys have no idea what calls I get. Hard not to say you're a stupid eeffoc!
Welcome to my world.. i deal with the public at large and deal with it 11 hours a day :)

the best is when they call you with a question... you give them an answer then they argue with you... why the **** did you call me then? I'll take my 40 years of experience and go **** off

Welcome to my world.. i deal with the public at large and deal with it 11 hours a day :)

the best is when they call you with a question... you give them an answer then they argue with you... why the **** did you call me then? I'll take my 40 years of experience and go **** off
:rofl:

I got the blow by blow account from a buddy about a lady at the tire shop who did not want an alignment and was yelling at the tech for trying to "rip her off"

He said the guy brought the tire in to the waiting room and showed her. The inside of the tire was a freaking racing slick... outside still had good tread

Sounds like here on these sites.

Think i'm going to attempt to relash my valves again tonight.. still got some noise.. really wanna switch to solid lifters. Starting to wonder if i have a bad OEM roller lifter or 2.. And yes.. solid lifters make noise.. but they are supposed to :) It's the hydraulics making noise that bugs me

finding info on this is ****.. using adjustable rockers with hyd lifters.. i see 1/2 turn to 2 turns.. 1/2 would be .20 preload 2 turns is .080, right now i'm at 1 turn or .040.. might try 1 1/2 this time.

finding info on this is ****.. using adjustable rockers with hyd lifters.. i see 1/2 turn to 2 turns.. 1/2 would be .20 preload 2 turns is .080, right now i'm at 1 turn or .040.. might try 1 1/2 this time.
I miss those days with the small block Chevys where you idle the thing with the valve covers off and loosen the rocker nut till it clatters and give it a turn and you're done. Mopars are harder to do with the adjuster out on the end of the rocker. And what a mess it could make.

I miss those days with the small block Chevys where you idle the thing with the valve covers off and loosen the rocker nut till it clatters and give it a turn and you're done. Mopars are harder to do with the adjuster out on the end of the rocker. And what a mess it could make.
yeah.. i used to do my friends chevies and that's how i would do it... soo easy.. Doing these isn't that bad it's just getting good information is the issue.. i figure if i go 1 1/2 turn that should put me .060-.070 in preload which is fine. I don't know what the plunger range is for OEM rollers.. but i am betting .100-120

Had one buddy with a nova who called me to look at it.. a friend who "knows how to lash valves" cranked them all down and said fire it up!!! CLANG... bent pushrods and all kindsa fun

-
Back