Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning Rich.
Early Riser you are ...
Hey have you ever dealt with Espo springs? I contacted them, trying to see if they make something like what I had in the Duster, they emailed me back saying they don't make Super Stock springs, only Mopar Does? Think I may have not been clear on my initial email, dunno

Beautiful car you posted. Go for a nice ride I hope?
We did. We took it for a short drive to see how she runs. It was a little rough at first. Didn’t want to stay running but eventually it got there. Not sure if it was the gas since it had been sitting all year. There is an exhaust leak that needs to be fixed. Next weekend we plan to take a longer drive. We are hoping to take this to Vermont at the end of the month.

Hey have you ever dealt with Espo springs? I contacted them, trying to see if they make something like what I had in the Duster, they emailed me back saying they don't make Super Stock springs, only Mopar Does? Think I may have not been clear on my initial email, dunno
No, sorry I have never dealt with them. I have always had the springs that are from the car. Re-arched. Seems to be the best way for me to go.

got fenders on yesterday, don't look great but best i can do for now... Learned why you should pre-fit body panels, passenger fender was bent in shipping or before it was yanked off a car, bodyline was out and up like 1/2" when i put it on, bounced my fat *** on it to get it somewhat in shape. Will keep an eye out for another fender :( Can't get either fender in far enough to line up well with the door which is a pet peeve of mine, not far off but out more than the front edge of the doors :(

On top of that.. normally there is a L bracket on the inside front of each fender to hold the top grill support... missing.. which why the hell would i even consider that, they are normally welded on.. i can make some but wtf..

2024-09-08 14.54.39.jpg
2024-09-08 14.54.51.jpg

Also got off my lazy *** last night and got the lower valence in primer and ready to paint..

giphy.gif

Thats what I do also. There is a company here in Harrisburg Stanley Springs that has a great reputation.

We did. We took it for a short drive to see how she runs. It was a little rough at first. Didn’t want to stay running but eventually it got there. Not sure if it was the gas since it had been sitting all year. There is an exhaust leak that needs to be fixed. Next weekend we plan to take a longer drive. We are hoping to take this to Vermont at the end of the month.
What is it I am not sure 38 GM?

got fenders on yesterday, don't look great but best i can do for now... Learned why you should pre-fit body panels, passenger fender was bent in shipping or before it was yanked off a car, bodyline was out and up like 1/2" when i put it on, bounced my fat *** on it to get it somewhat in shape. Will keep an eye out for another fender :( Can't get either fender in far enough to line up well with the door which is a pet peeve of mine, not far off but out more than the front edge of the doors :(

On top of that.. normally there is a L bracket on the inside front of each fender to hold the top grill support... missing.. which why the hell would i even consider that, they are normally welded on.. i can make some but wtf..

View attachment 1716300961View attachment 1716300962
She's looking very good. Nice work!

No, sorry I have never dealt with them. I have always had the springs that are from the car. Re-arched. Seems to be the best way for me to go.
I didn't go for re arching of springs that came on the car, I took them to powdercoating and that was the end of the pads (melted out). I didn't think about it but think Skagit Powdercoat would have. Anyhoo, those were not stock springs, car had 29 inch tall rear tires and I kinda liked the rake so was looking for same type spring but read that the Summit competition springs can fold up at the eye due to "Mexican metallurgy", dunno

View attachment 1716300961View attachment 1716300962
I have a set of fenders

My springs are from ESPO, no issues at all ordering from them (although i guessed my weight a little light so i sit lower than i wanted but that's my fault) I have run SS springs in the past on my challenger and for a daily driver it wasn't great, sat too high and was a bit rough.

It does look good. Maybe being there it shows but it looks good from here
Gaps at the passenger door is pretty bad but not something i can fix either.. goes from 3/16 at the top to 1/16 at the bottom.. if i had pre-fit i could have ground the fender to make the gap perfect. BUT... one day i will just yank the fender and fix/repaint it, at this point i need to drive the damn thing, winter is almost here :) I'm gonna hook up the heater core this week and pray it holds water. My challenger had all the heater **** removed and man it sucked when it got cold out, windshield would frost up and couldn't see ****

My springs are from ESPO, no issues at all ordering from them (although i guessed my weight a little light so i sit lower than i wanted but that's my fault) I have run SS springs in the past on my challenger and for a daily driver it wasn't great, sat too high and was a bit rough.
Thanks for that feedback, figured the ride will be a bit firm. Have heard people on this forum order what seems to be the application I'm looking for, think it's just a miscommunication right now with "Springs and Things", will see what comes back, I sent this screen shot to them

Screenshot (3).png

Gaps at the passenger door is pretty bad but not something i can fix either.. goes from 3/16 at the top to 1/16 at the bottom.. if i had pre-fit i could have ground the fender to make the gap perfect. BUT... one day i will just yank the fender and fix/repaint it, at this point i need to drive the damn thing, winter is almost here :) I'm gonna hook up the heater core this week and pray it holds water. My challenger had all the heater **** removed and man it sucked when it got cold out, windshield would frost up and couldn't see ****
Good luck, hate dealing with heater cores

Thanks for that feedback, figured the ride will be a bit firm. Have heard people on this forum order what seems to be the application I'm looking for, think it's just a miscommunication right now with "Springs and Things", will see what comes back, I sent this screen shot to them

View attachment 1716300980
I have read that the new real SS springs sag really bad really quickly... don't know how true that is though.. are you racing the car?

Morning!
Looks like an 80° plus day.
Have to drag out Firebird parts and start organizing.
Buddy wanted to bring a ford for intake swap,I said end of sept. So he decides to do it himself. Hes having trouble with it,and wants help. (End of sept) ya, im going to help. Not happy about it.
Ad for some reason the horn in the 37 isnt working.

-
Back