Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My Granbrat's Christmas list. Just received from brat-in-law.
1725990761990.png

Been busy all day. High 70’s. Got buddy’s 302 fired up and linkage modified so its driveable. 47 ford 2 door,80 grenada powertrain, and a mid 70’s country squire front end.
He wanted 4bbl. Botched the timing, i had to sort it out.
Started organizing Firebird stuff, painting some interior panels.
Now into shop to start ripping apart a mitsu lancer to weld exhaust..
IMG_1131.jpeg

Yep, there's a lot more to it than it looks. You can have a nice set, and the best of cutters, but if you don't know what to do with them, they're just door stops.
Key blanks aren't the same either. A lot of them look the same, but they're not.
The letters don't tell you the groves. They are marked by manufacturer.
B is the most common. Briggs and Stratton (the lawn mower people) was/is the biggest manufacture of keys for Chrysler, GM and Ford. They still are. They would sublet the work out when they backed up. Most of that went to American Lock, some went to Yale, Curtis and Illco. That's what the letters on the keys mean.
When you buy keys from me, they come from Briggs and Stratton. I have to buy a min of 10K at a time, but they're ran thru the original dies that were used back in the day.
I generally sell things with the newer blanks to make it easier, cheaper for everyone involved. That means I have to rework some of the cylinders to allow for that.
Not to derail thread but how would I get a replacement key Bob for a 2015 scat pack? Can you do that?

37 is down the road. Hes happy.
Next is his chevelle. A few odds and ends to sort out.

Chrysler engineer just left my shop in the new 800hp electric wagoneer... it's just weird but fast

Not to derail thread but how would I get a replacement key Bob for a 2015 scat pack? Can you do that?
I can buy the key fob at discount, but I don't have the tech to program it.
Locksmiths are cheaper than the dealerships. Having said that, some used car lots are using guys who do nothing but this and they do a hell of a great job and not to pricey (relatively). I'd stop by and ask if who they're using. Chances are that's the only guy in your area.

Liking the new appliances so far. All are really quiet. Especially the stove! :rofl::rofl:

-
Back