Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Last time I got pulled over was in my Scamp and I had it going over 100 and I backed off the gas and a cop came over the top of a hill and got me on radar going 80. He pulled me over and told me I caught you doing 80 MPH.
Told him good I was over 100 just before I let off the gas and you pulled me over.
He smiled and said have a nice day and drove away. Lucky me..

Good morning everyone. Stayed in Rock Springs last night. Plan to cannonball the rest of the way today. 18hrs or so. Couple cool pics on the road and one from my first drive of a race car at Bonneville. Not running, just being towed, but it's a start

20240909_192726.jpg

20240909_193337.jpg

20240909_115139.jpg

This is funny. Picked up a 86 Aero coupe in NY for Marily on Black Friday! Hint do not gio to DMV that day. The registration is a story in itself for one day. Ony issue with the car the muffler was blown, 47K on the car. OK get it all done for legal plates load the son and his friend in it and head home. Freaking car was loud and droned but ran great. Here come the lights around 11 pm right by Cabella's. Figured it was the one day plate. Officer comes over get the paper work for him already. Says he just wanted to check out the rare car. Pretty funny. Gave him the flashlight tour! That was a nice car till she totaled it 6 months later!

Ya know, you can weigh your hot rod with something like this and a hoist with enough capacity to lift half the car
1725973712889.png

Providing the scale has enough capacity for half the car weight
$53 on Amazon :eek:
I looked at corner scales at Speedway $1K+

I loaded trucks for a great proportion of my career in one way or another. I'm very familiar with scales. Some of our skip loaders had scales attached to the hydraulics for weighing the material before dropping it on the truck and driver :lol:

-
Back