Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Still hearing road noise in your head, Eric?
Nah all is good. Me and a friend had his caddy, so ride was great. Got a couple hours sleep, everything out away, laundry done and spent some time looking at the Charger. I think it looks good when remembering how other cars were built.

Got all the salt out of your clothes yet? Stuff gets everywhere dont it!
Yes it does! Spent a bunch of time at the car wash before leaving Wendover. Laundry is done and making plans for finish fab so I can paint the chassis. Only 358 days until next WOS

Yes it does! Spent a bunch of time at the car wash before leaving Wendover. Laundry is done and making plans for finish fab so I can paint the chassis. Only 358 days until next WOS
Correct me if I am wrong but last time I was there, (no cars running, weather incident) it took more than one wash to be rid of it! First wash just gets the obvious stuff!

Well it has been a minute since I have had to stick weld 18 ga galvanized. I remembered instantly why I don’t weld galvanized! But the material was here and free and I needed some target stands! My Bee banner did not fare so well!

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2303.jpeg

Well it has been a minute since I have had to stick weld 18 ga galvanized. I remembered instantly why I don’t weld galvanized! But the material was here and free and I needed some target stands! My Bee banner did not fare so well!

View attachment 1716301977

View attachment 1716301978

View attachment 1716301979

View attachment 1716301980
Looks good John. I could sure have used your talent building the hitch for the old truck.
North Dakota and me miss you.

92 Camry with 426K on it now has cold Retrofit from R12 to R134A Air Conditioning. Was somewhat of a challenge though. Lots of rusted stuck parts, and getting everywhere to flush the system was a PIA. Took longer than I thought, but doesn't it always ???? :lol: :lol:

So, Most of you all know that I've been ( Retired ) for a long time now. I like to do (some) small jobs in the shop, when not doing my own thing. I like, maybe two small repairs a week, But it has been a Storm of customers lately. A/C retrofit for two days, tomorrow just a drive axel on a Honda Pilot. And, at the end of this week I get a MAJOR project. Have a guy from Church that has a 2011 F150 with the 3,5 Turbo Charged Ecoboost engine. Yup, needs all (3) timing chains, tensioners, guides, actuator solenoids and camshaft phaser gears. Ford told him $3800 . Supposedly it takes 13-14 hours to do, So for me, that may be 4 days or so. :eek: . I was able to procure all of the Ford Brand Parts online, for much less than can be purchased at the local Stealership. I will be saving him some cash..Most of the Engine must be disassembled to get to the timing works........:BangHead::BangHead:

So, Most of you all know that I've been ( Retired ) for a long time now. I like to do (some) small jobs in the shop, when not doing my own thing. I like, maybe two small repairs a week, But it has been a Storm of customers lately. A/C retrofit for two days, tomorrow just a drive axel on a Honda Pilot. And, at the end of this week I get a MAJOR project. Have a guy from Church that has a 2011 F150 with the 3,5 Turbo Charged Ecoboost engine. Yup, needs all (3) timing chains, tensioners, guides, actuator solenoids and camshaft phaser gears. Ford told him $3800 . Supposedly it takes 13-14 hours to do, So for me, that may be 4 days or so. :eek: . I was able to procure all of the Ford Brand Parts online, for much less than can be purchased at the local Stealership. I will be saving him some cash..Most of the Engine must be disassembled to get to the timing works........:BangHead::BangHead:
Doesn't sound like a fun job Mitch.

Correct me if I am wrong but last time I was there, (no cars running, weather incident) it took more than one wash to be rid of it! First wash just gets the obvious stuff!
Yes. It will take a ton of cleaning. My friends have power washer attachments with verticle nozzles that can roll under the car. There are salt neutralizer sprays, body panels will come off, etc. Very bad stuff overall

Good luck Mitch. Way over my head.

-
Back