Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Paint thinners are the best. HO! and the smell of burnt dinView attachment 1716302038ner coming out of the oven.
It has a nice crust on it. A little BBQ sauce and it’s all good.
4472430C-0985-4687-8CCF-2B6FA5B73827.gif

Finally!!

So after spending the last 20 years looking for this breed of popcorn, I managed to find some and get it planted and got my first ears tonight!

IMG_6089.jpeg

My brother recently did that on an Explorer. I think the kinda ended up tearing it down to the point where you could almost see the crank.
Absolutely, Intake, Valve covers, All drive apparatus, front engine/timing cover...It's a serious job for sure. I'm impressed he did his own....

That's a new one I've never seen.
It’s called Strawberry popcorn. It’s a native popcorn to the Midwest that’s all but extinct. Ears only get 2-3 inches long at the most and the popped kernel is rather small but it’s naturally sweet and soft and doesn’t get caught in your teeth like most breeds

So, Most of you all know that I've been ( Retired ) for a long time now. I like to do (some) small jobs in the shop, when not doing my own thing. I like, maybe two small repairs a week, But it has been a Storm of customers lately. A/C retrofit for two days, tomorrow just a drive axel on a Honda Pilot. And, at the end of this week I get a MAJOR project. Have a guy from Church that has a 2011 F150 with the 3,5 Turbo Charged Ecoboost engine. Yup, needs all (3) timing chains, tensioners, guides, actuator solenoids and camshaft phaser gears. Ford told him $3800 . Supposedly it takes 13-14 hours to do, So for me, that may be 4 days or so. :eek: . I was able to procure all of the Ford Brand Parts online, for much less than can be purchased at the local Stealership. I will be saving him some cash..Most of the Engine must be disassembled to get to the timing works........:BangHead::BangHead:
I totally get it Mitch. This is my third attempt at retirement. I found out that while fantasies about laying around all day, fishing, shooting or racing sounds great, that newness wears off in about two months. I grossly underestimated the mental stimulation I need to maintain some semblance of sanity. My biggest hurdle now is the self imposed timelines I create in my head. I have to step back and say WTF I don’t have to finish today. I would guess the great majority of us on this thread be they male or female are wired the same way. Go buy ya some more 10mm sockets and party on!

Simple dinner this evening. Campbell's Chunky Soup, Hearty Bean and Ham. I did add more ham and some Bacon. Must have Bacon.
PXL_20240911_220028489.jpg

I totally get it Mitch. This is my third attempt at retirement. I found out that while fantasies about laying around all day, fishing, shooting or racing sounds great, that newness wears off in about two months. I grossly underestimated the mental stimulation I need to maintain some semblance of sanity. My biggest hurdle now is the self imposed timelines I create in my head. I have to step back and say WTF I don’t have to finish today. I would guess the great majority of us on this thread be they male or female are wired the same way. Go buy ya some more 10mm sockets and party on!
I tell my husband all the time. There is no way I can retire. I will need to be doing something that doesn’t require being at home. I need to keep active

So, Most of you all know that I've been ( Retired ) for a long time now. I like to do (some) small jobs in the shop, when not doing my own thing. I like, maybe two small repairs a week, But it has been a Storm of customers lately. A/C retrofit for two days, tomorrow just a drive axel on a Honda Pilot. And, at the end of this week I get a MAJOR project. Have a guy from Church that has a 2011 F150 with the 3,5 Turbo Charged Ecoboost engine. Yup, needs all (3) timing chains, tensioners, guides, actuator solenoids and camshaft phaser gears. Ford told him $3800 . Supposedly it takes 13-14 hours to do, So for me, that may be 4 days or so. :eek: . I was able to procure all of the Ford Brand Parts online, for much less than can be purchased at the local Stealership. I will be saving him some cash..Most of the Engine must be disassembled to get to the timing works........:BangHead::BangHead:
I was in the Ford dealership that bought the one I had worked for, talking to a few of the mechanics that are still there. It seems like every job they do, engines and cradles are being dropped out of the vehicles. I thought one at the other end of the shop had it's bed taken off because that is what used to be done to do a Ranger fuel pump/sending unit. NO! It was the cab lifted off the frame on the hoist! It was a diesel that needed (I'm guessing) head gaskets. The studs are so long ( how long are they? ), the cylinder heads will not come off easily or at all in the vehicle. Maybe it was a gasser, but, holy toledo! Could you see doing that at home? Not end user friendly. Best wishes for a non-bolt breaking adventure.

I was in the Ford dealership that bought the one I had worked for, talking to a few of the mechanics that are still there. It seems like every job they do, engines and cradles are being dropped out of the vehicles. I thought one at the other end of the shop had it's bed taken off because that is what used to be done to do a Ranger fuel pump/sending unit. NO! It was the cab lifted off the frame on the hoist! It was a diesel that needed (I'm guessing) head gaskets. The studs are so long ( how long are they? ), the cylinder heads will not come off easily or at all in the vehicle. Maybe it was a gasser, but, holy toledo! Could you see doing that at home? Not end user friendly. Best wishes for a non-bolt breaking adventure.
My Buddy Teddy has a single man Shop. He does a lot of Ford Diesel Trucks. I have often seen him lift the cabs off for Diesel Engine work. Of course he has a lift, and so do I . But I don't want THAT Job...... :lol:

My thoughts are if this turns out well, I have enough to plant 2 acres of it next year. Might try my hand at selling some

-
Back