Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yup, I choose not to be annoyed or pissed off every day..................
I dropped out of the news feeds about four years ago. Smartest thing I have ever done. I cannot tell you how much calmer it is for me. Folks don’t realize how that constant barrage of negativity wears them down. Sometimes my family accuses me of the ostrich tactic but in the end if I cannot impact or change it I am not going to expend my energy on it. I am out of the daily grind of world business so no real driving need. Simplistic approach but it works for me.

Tike @dartnabout

I want to drive to Alaska one day with the Hemi. Do you have any regrets or tips? Was the road trip what you thought it would be....................
You will need a hitch!
1726226290306.png

There is a lot to say about going there are things to discuss so if you want we could do it with a phone call or we could meet for coffee or something. So much to talk about like disappointments and thoughts like I came home too early

I dropped out of the news feeds about four years ago. Smartest thing I have ever done. I cannot tell you how much calmer it is for me. Folks don’t realize how that constant barrage of negativity wears them down. Sometimes my family accuses me of the ostrich tactic but in the end if I cannot impact or change it I am not going to expend my energy on it. I am out of the daily grind of world business so no real driving need. Simplistic approach but it works for me.
13r5dq-2236116454.jpg

That is the bad part....the trip across Ohio Indiana Illinois and South Dakota sorry but those states are long and tiresome

So yeterday get a guy to give me a quote on a new stove pipe need the whole thing out. Man this sucks the origional owner puty it way to close to the wall up through like a box to level it with the ceiling. This sucks the whole thing would have to be moved, the stove pad extended etc. OR put in a pellet stove with the vent through the wall. Prob go that way, now need to find a contractor to take the old one out, get rid of the box and cover the roof. Glad I have a few sheets of the new roofing still. By the time I am done 14 K. Man hope the bank likes me!
I have two pellet stoves. Do your homework. Bigger hopper is better.
The one in my basement is a 40 lb. I added a hopper on top, it now holds 2-1/2 bags. Less chance of it running out.
Mine are kozi’s, made in winnipeg.
If i had the money i’d go for Harmon, they are very well built.
Dont cheap out.

I know I can hop on a ferry not too far from here and ride it all the way to Alaska, don't want to do that though, rough ride, some folks just stay on the car decks. Drive or fly for me, rent an RV or SUV up there

had the money i’d go for Harmon, they are very well built.
Dont cheap out

I had a Harmon wood stove at the house in PA. It was great, so I can see their pellets being the same.

My brother went low cost on his and it was a war keeping it running. Clogged up, difficult to clean, blower failed... He finally upgraded and is much happier

BTW. Morning gang

Well, I fat fingered the sheet metal order. 6 x 12 instead of 16 x 12. Replacement stuff will be here Tuesday

Hop... Should get the package today according to USPS

I know I can hop on a ferry not too far from here and ride it all the way to Alaska, don't want to do that though, rough ride, some folks just stay on the car decks. Drive or fly for me, rent an RV or SUV up there
Well for me the drive was the best part but we are considering flying to Anchorage and renting a car and stay at motels or rent an RV. That is her talking. Be prepared for a lot of complaining from your woman if you drive. But there is so much you miss by flying. And just as an example if you take a cruise there you basically do what they have lined up. You cannot drive into Denali Nat; Park so you have to pay for a shuttle. There are 3 options....1. The green bus which you have to get a 2 week pass way ahead of your trip. It takes you in and drops you off where ever you want. That is for the back packers. 2. The Tundra bus takes you in 42 miles and back the max. 3. The cruise ships trip and it takes you in 17 miles and back. 17 miles is just a scratch. We did #2

-
Back