Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It does have the bell housing
Heavy and currently impossible to get an adapter for the trans. There’s two company’s that make them and both have been out of stock for 2 years. It’s why I sold mine

Thats a pain, there are adapters though. or can be machined off, still a pain.
Definitely explains why they called the hemi the elephant. My engine hoist that picks up Cummins all day long, struggled with the off balanced weight of the 354 hemi

Definitely explains why they called the hemi the elephant. My engine hoist that picks up Cummins all day long, struggled with the off balanced weight of the 354 hemi
I had one for a while also. Built a 6x2 log intake for it. Had a matched set of 6 Holley 94s for it. Would have been pretty cool in the hot rod

Heading South soon for our Whiskey quest. Dave (store manager) does such a good job with barrel picks and that's why we try every one he offers. I taste and report on my Facebook group and I hope it sells some bottles for him.. His latest: Knob Creek pick, fresh in today at noon. He was able to get into rickhouses not available for regular picks. He has a Remus High Rye 51%C, 49% rye that sounds like fun and a Rebel stave finish. He has a few more I think. He still has some El Mayor Anejo Cristalino tequila that is a barrel pick. I have one of those and it is quite good. It is finished in a bourbon barrel so it has some of those notes. I call it a bourbon lovers Tequila.

Imo 500 hp on street not that much. My 408 is close and very driveable when trans stays togather...

In a straight line I can see it.
I’m not talking about a straight line, or just normal cruising around town.
Heck the sick week and drag and drive guys prove thousands of horsepower cars can be driven on the street.
I bet 90% of the drivers that build cars over 300 hp can’t actually use it to its potential on the street.

Man, the UPS driver beats on that truck like a red headed stepchild. A LS under the hood I think. It should have a 4L 80 E I would think.

Heck the sick week and drag and drive guys prove thousands of horsepower cars can be driven on the street.
I bet 90% of the drivers that build cars over 300 hp can’t actually use it to its potential on the street.
Although the Fart Can Mafia use all 167hp all the time around here

Agree. No way to actually get that power to the ground in my 66. First off 14 inch rubber leaves much to be desired in traction dept.

Although the Fart Can Mafia use all 167hp all the time around here

Loud as hell and takes 3 seconds to engage 2nd after 1st lets go.:D

Agree. No way to actually get that power to the ground in my 66. First off 14 inch rubber leaves much to be desired in traction dept.

I have the opposite problem.
Really sticky Nitto tires.
Once they both hook you better be pointing the way you want to go, because like it or not that’s the way you are going.

The streets here suck in town because of dips and humps.
Makes the rear jump all over the place when tires are breaking loose.

Just curious , what is the HP in the Demon ?
I would have to dig out the dyno sheets but I want to say right around 510? But the motor is just bolt ons and tuning in essence I just let the thing breathe. When I say bolt ons that includes manifold etc. I left the cam OEM. Everything I read said a simple cam change really opens it up but frankly much like @TrailBeast original post I simply did not see the need for anymore HP on a daily driver. I can literally take off in 3rd gear if I feather the gas a bit. And with the OD I am barely squirting oil at 70hp! It drives great, just purrs. Pix on the dyno, and during segment on TV series.

IMG_7834.jpeg

IMG_6977.jpeg

-
Back