Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They say all the good deals are gone but I just found this 68 valiant 2 door, hiding out about 20 miles east of Colorado springs.
Agreed. One just has to beat the bushes. I picked up a pretty clean '68 V100 in August of '22. 170/3-speed, virtually no options but a radio. A friend bought it in Wyoming in '06 to convert it to a drag car, but decided against it. A lot of the interior stuff was trashed, but it's a great runner/driver with good body panels, structure, and floors.

100_4482.JPG

100_4474.JPG

The missing headlamp bezel was on the front seat.

It's not an A-body, but last year I bought a '71 Challenger 318/3-speed, F7 green/black bucket gut. It's got factory discs, the AC system is 100% complete, and someone put a 4-speed in it years ago (woot). The R26 radio (AM w/floor-mounted stereo cassette) was missing. Excellent overall structure, frame, and floors, never crashed. Even the trunk extensions are rust-free. The quarters are more banged up than rusty. It runs but has no brakes, and the original grille and fenders were gone, replaced with a '74 clip. The same fella sold me a very-rotten but complete '74 parts car that I recently parted and scrapped.

100_5590.JPG

100_5595.JPG

Yesterday I bought a '70 Swinger 340/4-speed, gen-YOU-wine M3 (Panther Pink) with white top, interior, and tail stripe. It's a project but surprisingly solid. It wasn't expensive for what it is, but a lot of original parts are missing, including the numbers block. But, it also included a very good 1971 Swinger parts car. I'll post more details and some photos once I've got it (well, them) here, cleared out and cleaned up. I only have a few fuzzy photos from a few years ago in an unlit pole building.

100_4042.JPG

100_4038.JPG

Total for all three (actually five) cars? $11,300. All were local, with the Darts being the furthest away--about ten miles.

They're definitely still out there, folks.

So Chris did the most Chris thing ever.

A couple weeks back, the night before Hurricane Helene hit, I was out in the woods, working on my new deer stand. I’d taken my Ryobi battery powered chainsaw with me, mainly cause it’s much lighter to hike the mile into the woods than my big Husquvarna.

Anyway, some how I forgot about it and left it out there this entire time. We had nearly 6 inches of rain over 4 days, plus a couple showers since.

Fast Forward to today, and walking out there, I come upon my chain saw. Sitting out there this entire time. Guess what, it still works just fine and to top it all, the battery was still fully charged.

For a cheap brand of power tools, gotta say I’m impressed @toolmanmike

So Chris did the most Chris thing ever.

A couple weeks back, the night before Hurricane Helene hit, I was out in the woods, working on my new deer stand. I’d taken my Ryobi battery powered chainsaw with me, mainly cause it’s much lighter to hike the mile into the woods than my big Husquvarna.

Anyway, some how I forgot about it and left it out there this entire time. We had nearly 6 inches of rain over 4 days, plus a couple showers since.

Fast Forward to today, and walking out there, I come upon my chain saw. Sitting out there this entire time. Guess what, it still works just fine and to top it all, the battery was still fully charged.

For a cheap brand of power tools, gotta say I’m impressed @toolmanmike
That worked out well for ya. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1716316579
now I get to figure out why #8 was huffing ALL the oil
crank is 20-20, which I'm not too excited about, but it does have the 3418645 full floating rods.

so right now I think I'm just going to throw in the 10-10 crank out of the other engine and the shot peened and radiused rods as well. but keep the pistons out of this engine since they're flat tops

-
Back