Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok, it's Sunday morning and all is good on the hill, going to buy 4 new tires to get Victoria back to looking like her old self Monday I hope
Got all 4 wheels, two need painted today, hope to have 4 sombrero center caps, get her back on 14" wheels.

Car show wedding pic's 146.jpg

Victoria 7.jpg

Wind is going to crank up again today, over 20 by 10am up to 28 mph steady by 2 pm, hope the gusts aren't as bad as yesterday, reached 60mph, would like to watch football and work in shop not on generator!

Last edited:
Hello all! I hope that everyone’s well! It’s been a little while since we’ve posted. I just wanted to check in with a mild update: new brake hard lines and hoses are all in, new distribution blocks and vent bolt, dual master cylinder and conversion kit, all wheel cylinders honed and rebuilt, parking brake cable and hardware all removed, cleaned, lubed and reinstalled.

The engine, heads, crank and trans are all back! They have all been serviced and refreshed and are awaiting their turn for attention once we finish the suspension and brakes first with full focus on safety, then my daughter and I will begin our winter project of assembling and installing the engine and transmission.

And a huge success worth mentioning, for the first time since my dad was 19, you can now SIT safely in the Barracuda with factory seats and hardware! Wahoo! My dad removed the original seats and put in van seats, don’t ask. (And Yes I might have sat there with my oldest and imagined what it will be like to experience “spirited driving” behind the wheel… )

I’d like to give credit and thanks to everyone who’s chimed in with their experiences and those of who have offered their help in getting the build this far @cosgig @dowboy1970 @66fs @toolmanmike @RAT ROD AL @Plymouth 65 @RustyRatRod @burrpenick @Dana67Dart @Frodee @lkopaska if I missed you specifically no harm no foul, you know who you are!

Thank you everyone for your patience and guidance! Happy wrenching!

View attachment 1716317570

View attachment 1716317571

View attachment 1716317575

View attachment 1716317576
One step at a time, doing great.

I have got to find them brass timing tags they gave to my father's race car. Make up a necklace like I did for the Hot Rod Reunion II at Famoso and get my butt out there. I lived an hour away from El Mirage with a driver's license and a real job for 5 years and never went over there. All the way over the hill to Irwindale, OCIR, Orange Show Speedway, Ascott, and Pomona were regular trips. El Mirage should have advertised on KLOS FM or KFXM AM and let us know when things were happening out there since that was long before the internet :lol:
We didn't have a lot of rock 'n roll radio choices out there in the Mojave :lol:

Late again!
70’s.
Pellets all tucked away, now a coffee break. Tie up my wiring for the cameras. Wrap the gazebo and a few odds and ends around the house. Two more days then something i dont want happens..

IMG_1217.jpeg

Did the alignment on the car today... MUCH better, doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me at 20mph now :) I SOO wish i had kept the power steering... i will probably switch back at some point, just couldn't find brackets for the pump..
Rear end is making some very unhappy noises.. going to pull the driveshaft and check backlash before i drive again.. Especially not at coast or under power but at that perfect spot where there is no load forward or back on it it gets really noisy..
Installed EBC yellowstuff brake pads.. brakes are a tiny bit better but still not good enough.. i couldn't panic stop or even get near locking them up.. i honestly have no idea where to go on that from here.. meh.. i'm tired.. nap time

OHH BTW... leave dog dishes on the front or make them blank like the rear? my dog dishes wont fit the rear plus i like the rear blck rims..
1729448115451.jpeg

Did the alignment on the car today... MUCH better, doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me at 20mph now :) I SOO wish i had kept the power steering... i will probably switch back at some point, just couldn't find brackets for the pump..
Rear end is making some very unhappy noises.. going to pull the driveshaft and check backlash before i drive again.. Especially not at coast or under power but at that perfect spot where there is no load forward or back on it it gets really noisy..
Installed EBC yellowstuff brake pads.. brakes are a tiny bit better but still not good enough.. i couldn't panic stop or even get near locking them up.. i honestly have no idea where to go on that from here.. meh.. i'm tired.. nap time

OHH BTW... leave dog dishes on the front or make them blank like the rear? my dog dishes wont fit the rear plus i like the rear blck rims..
View attachment 1716317726
Hey Ice I'm running a manual steering box but got a 24:1 box if I remember right and I don't have a problem. I like it better than power and much better than a stock 16:1 if I got the numbers right.

Hey Ice I'm running a manual steering box but got a 24:1 box if I remember right and I don't have a problem. I like it better than power and much better than a stock 16:1 if I got the numbers right.
I'm running a brand new 20:1 from PST( ithink) it's just super tight even at speed.i might try to loosen the adjuster on it a little, it was so tight when i put it in that i couldn't turn it by hand... they told me that's intentional

The brake thing is stupid.. every part is new, i have so much money into it it's silly and they are ****.. might try switching to one of the newer aluminum/plastic MCs

one thing though is i love how it takes bumps... my 2018 grand cherokee sucks for that.. i feel every thing and our roads suck.. i was dreading the 62 on these roads, it's a joy... barely feel **** :) Big fat sidewalls

I'm running a brand new 20:1 from PST( ithink) it's just super tight even at speed.i might try to loosen the adjuster on it a little, it was so tight when i put it in that i couldn't turn it by hand... they told me that's intentional
Don't think it needs to be that tight.

The brake thing is stupid.. every part is new, i have so much money into it it's silly and they are ****.. might try switching to one of the newer aluminum/plastic MCs
I know the feeling of too much money in a car, it gets stupid really fast.

-
Back