Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Took the grill covers off the Scamp. I don't like them, but I wanted to try and that's OK I wasted a few days but it gave me something to try. Now I have to figure out what else I can screw up..

The 71 Chevelle is back, with another broken valve spring. This guy is 74, but he hammers on this car. Sent me a video of him doing a burnout. :eek: Anyhow I put a cam and pushrods and roller tip rockers and chain set in the car a while back. So I asked him how long ago did I do that since I think the valve springs are getting weak ( I never pulled the heads or changed the springs ). I thought maybe 6 years ago. He sent me a copy of the receipt.2007 :eek::realcrazy:. Time flys when yur havin Fun... So Im putting another valve spring in it (different cyl) . Told him if he has more trouble with valve springs, then the heads will have to come off. And I told him I wouldn't do it until I return in the Spring. Maybe he'll lay off of it a little, Huh ???

The brake thing is stupid.. every part is new, i have so much money into it it's silly and they are ****.. might try switching to one of the newer aluminum/plastic MCs
My 67 dart is 4 wheel disk. Man they suck so far. Power booster not getting enough vacuum

My 67 dart is 4 wheel disk. Man they suck so far. Power booster not getting enough vacuum
mine are manual disc/drum and i have owned many cars with all manual drum and they stopped great.. i might need to break them in from what i'm reading..

I got a couple pics of the donut derelicts this AM. Have to get brat in law to forward them to my email, low tech cell phone here :lol: Couple nice Mopars there this AM nice '71 Cuda and a BB 4 spd Roadrunner 69 or 70 I think , both in red. :thumbsup:

Did the alignment on the car today... MUCH better, doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me at 20mph now :) I SOO wish i had kept the power steering... i will probably switch back at some point, just couldn't find brackets for the pump..
Rear end is making some very unhappy noises.. going to pull the driveshaft and check backlash before i drive again.. Especially not at coast or under power but at that perfect spot where there is no load forward or back on it it gets really noisy..
Installed EBC yellowstuff brake pads.. brakes are a tiny bit better but still not good enough.. i couldn't panic stop or even get near locking them up.. i honestly have no idea where to go on that from here.. meh.. i'm tired.. nap time

OHH BTW... leave dog dishes on the front or make them blank like the rear? my dog dishes wont fit the rear plus i like the rear blck rims..
View attachment 1716317726
Black them out

So spent the day cleaning out a pond. All day running a chain saw. I simply don’t remember them being that heavy? And I am running what I call a hobby saw? Stihl MS 250. When I quit cutting wood for money I got rid of my pro saw, a Sachs Dolmar big saw. Epic mistake. This little Stihl will get it done….. Eventually. Pix is me exiting the pond on access road I had to cut to even gain access to the pond. Been a long day.

IMG_2438.jpeg

The 71 Chevelle is back, with another broken valve spring. This guy is 74, but he hammers on this car. Sent me a video of him doing a burnout. :eek: Anyhow I put a cam and pushrods and roller tip rockers and chain set in the car a while back. So I asked him how long ago did I do that since I think the valve springs are getting weak ( I never pulled the heads or changed the springs ). I thought maybe 6 years ago. He sent me a copy of the receipt.2007 :eek::realcrazy:. Time flys when yur havin Fun... So Im putting another valve spring in it (different cyl) . Told him if he has more trouble with valve springs, then the heads will have to come off. And I told him I wouldn't do it until I return in the Spring. Maybe he'll lay off of it a little, Huh ???
No way, he sounds like a guy that will just beat on his stuff till it fails.

-
Back