Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
3 trees went down (locally) this storm, 2 on our road and one on Silver Lake that blocked the road creating not only power outage for our circuit but a long detour. Got the tree below us cleaned up Saturday but one fell above, road was cleared but may need more work. I have the bucket off and grapple on my tractor, will likely leave it that way for winter

Morning!
Another warm day. Maybe get a little more outdoor stuff done.
Sore this morning, once the weather turns i may get some rest. Probably not.
Don't blame you for doing stuff when weather is warmer, sure it will get cold soon there. Our cold/rain is already here but not stupid cold

Well, another day, another way.
Oldest son and I worked together all day yesterday :thumbsup:
Need to complete one wheel this morning, already prepared, almost.. paint 4th Rally 14 inch wheel and head in to town for a deal on four tires.
Going to be a beuityful 77 degree day, 47 right now.

My view after son went home last night, new gas tank is in.

20241020_181418.jpg

Wanna add a digital speedo, they make little hud ones that sit on the dash and project onto the windshield and are cheap... and a dash cam prolly cause morons.. don't want to cut my wiring harness for power though :( **** is only stock once, hate to start hacking it :(

Wanna add a digital speedo, they make little hud ones that sit on the dash and project onto the windshield and are cheap... and a dash cam prolly cause morons.. don't want to cut my wiring harness for power though :( **** is only stock once, hate to start hacking it :(
Run a separate harness. Factory wiring isn’t designed for modern tech. That’s why fires happen

Run a separate harness. Factory wiring isn’t designed for modern tech. That’s why fires happen
Not a bad idea.. Stuff like a dashcam draw less than 1a though don't think it will be an issue.. will see.. just thinking out loud for now :) Rear has me annoyed and is eating at me, would have driven it to work today if that wasn't acting up.. Plus the exhaust.. Not sure if i want to put on like normal "turbo" mufflers, the ones i put on were $130 already.. sick of spending money, But it sounds like a old mans 78 pickup with straight pipes, has that Raspy sound when you get on it.. but in 3"

Hmm plus i need to check the rear brakes.. last time i drove it yesterday i stopped and it felt find then the pedal dropped like 1" for no reason, almost like something had slipped or something.. really weird feeling.. bugs to iron out.. all in all not bad though. One thing i didn't realize is how much i miss a bench seat.. Driving with my left arm on the door and right arm across the back of the bench just feels right for some reason :)

Just got done reading through this thread.........................

Just got done reading through this thread.........................

What's the Cliff Notes version?

What's the Cliff Notes version?
People throwing money at cars to try to fix issues without actually using any diagnostics or common sense... or just doing that then selling a car cause of small issues they can't figure out and won't listen or ask for advice on.

I knows a guy kind of near Keith that restores them and also the water pump versions. Shows them at the AACA museum on ocassion.

People throwing money at cars to try to fix issues without actually using any diagnostics or common sense... or just doing that then selling a car cause of small issues they can't figure out and won't listen or ask for advice on.
I think that's why you have to have an emotional connection to your car at some level. If you're looking for a reason to quit, it's too easy to find one.

I'm shocked at how many people whose cars have issues say that they don't have a service manual...

I pretty much stopped advising people unless they call me they 1 never listen 2 never tell you the whole story or 3 Are just idiots.

fucktardo.jpg

I pretty much stopped advising people unless they call me they 1 never listen 2 never tell you the whole story or 3 Are just idiots.

View attachment 1716317928
Hoppy is the poster child for compassion....

LOL...

Yes, being stupid should be painful. It's how I learn. :rolleyes:

My favorite thing to do is ask a question because I don't know what I'm doing, and then argue with the respondents. Or, just instigate an argument and sit on the barstool and watch everyone else fight.

:lol:

Actually, not really... but I see it happen a lot.

I think that's why you have to have an emotional connection to your car at some level. If you're looking for a reason to quit, it's too easy to find one.

I'm shocked at how many people whose cars have issues say that they don't have a service manual...
I have a service manual but it doesn't actually match my car :) 1962 plymouth service manual and it has flanged axles in it but not tapered.. flanged didn't even exist at the time.. great book :)

I came close to trashing/selling mine a few times.. easy to hate them when they spend years on jackstands... mainly why i had to drive before winter.. all re-energized again.

I have a service manual but it doesn't actually match my car :) 1962 plymouth service manual and it has flanged axles in it but not tapered.. flanged didn't even exist at the time.. great book :)

I came close to trashing/selling mine a few times.. easy to hate them when they spend years on jackstands... mainly why i had to drive before winter.. all re-energized again.

I have zero auto mechanic aptitude... But, I do understand basic troubleshooting methodologies, (Thank you Army)

Diagnostics is a nuanced capability. That's where the brain trust in here becomes my OBD reader

-
Back