Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well just got back from the most amazing ride with the pop running great got the spedo pinned no bog turned out to need 17 degrees of timing then there was smoke from under the hood, just so happened I was a block away from my daughters, shut it off coasted into her yard, man that thing is a ***** to stop without the vac pump. Now got flames coming out, pop the trunk get the fire extinguisher and then pop the hood with a whoosh! Spray it out, then the fire restarts had just enough PKP left to put it out. Got really lucky it only really burned the wiring and some senders, could have been much worse. I think it has those dam copper coated steel washers on the bajo fitting and they leaked. Great no Carlisle with it, and guess it is time to pull the motor and do the paint. No crap guys will get pics tomorrow when I tow it back. Any one got the bulkhead plugs to the engine compartment? will take used right now. By the way any one with a foam eddy air cleaner get rid of it.

I know - all good! (not like you were WAY off base anyway... LOL)
Hey Chris - I misspoke earlier - the old intake is a Super Victor
Super victor, sob, doesn't that put the power coming on over 3500?

Well just got back from the most amazing ride with the pop running great got the spedo pinned no bog turned out to need 17 degrees of timing then there was smoke from under the hood, just so happened I was a block away from my daughters, shut it off coasted into her yard, man that thing is a ***** to stop without the vac pump. Now got flames coming out, pop the trunk get the fire extinguisher and then pop the hood with a whoosh! Spray it out, then the fire restarts had just enough PKP left to put it out. Got really lucky it only really burned the wiring and some senders, could have been much worse. I think it has those dam copper coated steel washers on the bajo fitting and they leaked. Great no Carlisle with it, and guess it is time to pull the motor and do the paint. No crap guys will get pics tomorrow when I tow it back. Any one got the bulkhead plugs to the engine compartment? will take used right now.
Ouch, pics? And I'll look for the bulk head connectors

Pics for tomorrow, it is at the daughters and I definitely need a beer! Thanks Chris, Just thinking that junkyard I brought the lift guys to will have a harness or ten. The half full side is I wanted to re do the engine comp wiring anyhow.

hey ya David!! I am just passing through on my lunch "break"... working on the ol' Scamp... hows you?

I'm great, Mike, thanks for asking! Headed out myself to the computer store hoping to find some mini-speakers my Dad can use for his upcoming "concert" he keeps referring to. He's on some new meds to mellow him out from being too amorous with his "girlfriend" since she is married and her husband is NOT happy with my Dad! Dad has it in his head that a singer from England wants him to be his piano accompanist. Today however he tells me there are "half a dozen" English singing girls requesting his piano accompaniment. But he needs me to bring him I don't know exactly what equipment in order for the concert to happen! So I hope some little speakers will satisfy him. If you think all this is hard to follow, imagine how it is being on the phone with him...I love talking to him but it's pretty surreal, a guy who was a brilliant engineer all his life.

Such a nice day here, I took Wifey to Church in the Brand X Hot Rod. Gonna take a little cruise myself here shortly.... So I can Get down on it..:lol:

Hey Mitch. The good thing is looks like my insurance will cover it with $100 deductible! WOOHOO!

Well just got back from the most amazing ride with the pop running great got the spedo pinned no bog turned out to need 17 degrees of timing then there was smoke from under the hood, just so happened I was a block away from my daughters, shut it off coasted into her yard, man that thing is a ***** to stop without the vac pump. Now got flames coming out, pop the trunk get the fire extinguisher and then pop the hood with a whoosh! Spray it out, then the fire restarts had just enough PKP left to put it out. Got really lucky it only really burned the wiring and some senders, could have been much worse. I think it has those dam copper coated steel washers on the bajo fitting and they leaked. Great no Carlisle with it, and guess it is time to pull the motor and do the paint. No crap guys will get pics tomorrow when I tow it back. Any one got the bulkhead plugs to the engine compartment? will take used right now. By the way any one with a foam eddy air cleaner get rid of it.
that bites.

:wtf:

That sucks... At least you got the fire out before more damage could be done...

Try whitepunkonnitro for the connectors. He hooked me up with a nice set for my son's car....

@ the car show
20160626_130948.jpg

I think a ride to Klingers is in order here. Prob get it all around 40 or so. See what the insurance pays might go painless.

Last edited:
Sorry been in jail don't like guys! Got my *** kicked but not violated. Do you know if you do or don't?

What air cleaner you running? Definitely got to get rid off the eddy foam one.

-
Back