Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have to laugh, my daughter just came up to me and said "I know how to fix that squeak in the passenger door of the GTS."

I said "OK, show me." Then we went out to the garage and she pointed at the 2 star wheels on the hinge and said it's those. I reminded her that I oiled those before we went out, remember?

She said "Yeah but you need to spin them around to get the oil to go everywhere in there. I just looked at her flabbergast. She was right. I reached down and spun each one 2 full turns and then worked the door back and forth. No more noise.

I can't wait until she gets a little older and we can build a car together, she's going to be fun to work with!

I have to laugh, my daughter just came up to me and said "I know how to fix that squeak in the passenger door of the GTS."

I said "OK, show me." Then we went out to the garage and she pointed at the 2 star wheels on the hinge and said it's those. I reminded her that I oiled those before we went out, remember?

She said "Yeah but you need to spin them around to get the oil to go everywhere in there. I just looked at her flabbergast. She was right. I reached down and spun each one 2 full turns and then worked the door back and forth. No more noise.

I can't wait until she gets a little older and we can build a car together, she's going to be fun to work with!
That's awesome! My daughter was trying to start my weedeater today.....she's 2

Pretty soon she's gonna be better at fixing it than you ....

First in the coffee club ....that hasn't happened in a loooong time.

It's because it's Monday and I am happy because my life can resume today. I always feel like I am holding my breath on weekends and then Monday starts normal life again and I can breathe easy.

HAHA. Small novel Monday.

First in the coffee club ....that hasn't happened in a loooong time.

It's because it's Monday and I am happy because my life can resume today. I always feel like I am holding my breath on weekends and then Monday starts normal life again and I can breathe easy.

HAHA. Small novel Monday.
Good morning. You are quite early - not being an East sider. Mr Scamper is often the door opener, but is off work today so he's slackin :D

It is 3:20 here

And i dont know where my cat is, he didn't show up meowing for food .

He missed the bus because i am not issueing any more cat kibbles until 11 o clock

Good morning. You are quite early - not being an East sider. Mr Scamper is often the door opener, but is off work today so he's slackin :D
The duster is looking great ....
I really need to sit still for longer than a minute and read your thread on detail but so far the pics look great

The duster is looking great ....
I really need to sit still for longer than a minute and read your thread on detail but so far the pics look great
Try to keep at it between other stuff. Didn't do anything on it this weekend. Next up is finish the carpet install and clean up the bumpers.

Morning Keith and Mr. firestarter. Going back to bed I need about 5-6 more hours. Later.

Not much waiting for Grundy to open to do a claim. Then Ron and I will go get the car just a few miles of back road to Danny's house.

I wouldn't beat myself up over it. Chit happens. No one is hurt and stuff can be replaced. Hey at least it wasn't in the garage running and you turned your back for a sec. Could have burnt down everything.

I got away easy for sure. I am actually thinking of putting in two rails on either side of the engine bay for co2 now, easy to do since the motor will be out again. Dam coper coated steel crush washers on the fuel banjo! Pretty sure that was what it was. Weren't we just talking about them and the fire dept the other day?

Only big thing I noticed burned except for all of the wiring was some of the senders ie fuel press, oil press, oil shut off etc. and the vac hose for the vac pump and switch.

Definitely could have been a lot worse. And, nice to have an acceptable real story to tell the insurance. "I was driving down the road minding my own business..." sounds a little better than, " I had just asked Ron to hold my beer when..." LOL

Should be interesting. Danny stopped over last night she was all freaked out wondering if I was in the hospital! I had to laugh at her. Think that was wm 9th live. Have to count them.

-
Back